Chewsday Challenge - North Albert Boston Pizza - June 2, 2015 (18:00)

Started by Dana_Tillusz, March 05, 2015, 05:04:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dana_Tillusz

*** ChewsDay Challenge ***
Brought to you by

...and...

What: ChewsDay Challenge Boardgame Night.
Where: Boston Pizza, North Albert Street (Regina)
When: Every ChewsDay Night.
Who: Anyone interested in playing boardgames.
Why: Life is Short; Play Games!

:excited Click HERE for Important Information about these events :excited

THIS WEEK'S EVENT AMBASSADOR: Marc Bendig

:excited :scrab-g :scrab-a :scrab-m :scrab-e :scrab-blank :scrab-s :scrab-c :scrab-h :scrab-e :scrab-d :scrab-u :scrab-l :scrab-i :scrab-n :scrab-g :excited

GAME TITLE: Koi Pond
TEACHER: NeikeDjour
START TIME: 6:30
DURATION: 60 Minutes
# OF PLAYERS: 4
1. NeikeDjour
2. bboileau
3. CdnPhoenix
4. JohnnyThrust

GAME TITLE: Vinhos
TEACHER: Rosencrantz
DURATION: 120 Minutes
1. Rosencrantz
2. Corinne
3. Logan

GAME TITLE: Arcadia Quest Campaign
START TIME: 7:30
DURATION: 120-240 Minutes
# OF PLAYERS: 3
1. NeikeDjour
2. Tempest
3. Bricktown

GAME TITLE: Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game
TEACHER: DCStyles
DURATION: 180 Minutes
# OF PLAYERS: 2
1. DCStyles
2. jkokura

GAME TITLE: Race for the Galaxy with The Gathering Storm
TEACHER: Dyson Yobb
DURATION: 90 Minutes (30 Minute learning game followed by 60 Minute full game)
# OF PLAYERS: 6
1. doberman
2. GreyLurker
3. Jason
4. CdnPhoenix
5. dyobb

GAME: Specter Ops
TEACHER: silent_rob
START TIME: 8:30
DURATION: 120 Minutes
# OF PLAYERS: 5
1. silent_rob
2. Cordawg
3. Gloop
4. RockBane

GAME TITLE: Cthulhu Wars
TEACHER: bboileau
START TIME: 8:30
DURATION: 90 Minutes
1. bboileau
2. R Newell
3. Mark M

If you would like to schedule a game. Please post in this event thread with the following information:
Name of the game, when you would like to start, The duration of the game, and the number of players it can accommodate.

Due to the overwhelming success of ChewsDay Challenge we might need to limit table space in the early evening if attendance is high and the restaurant is busy. We ask that larger-sized games be planned for 7:30 and later after Boston Pizza's dinner rush when we can spill out into the dining area, if needed, and with the restaurant's permission.  Please be considerate when choosing your table area to maximize player density. Thank you for helping make ChewsDay Challenge a success!
Snikt!

Dana_Tillusz

To post a game for Chewsday Challenge please quote this reply and fill in the relevant information

GAME TITLE:
TEACHER:
START TIME:
DURATION: your best estimate of how long it will take (if it takes longer with more people or if you are going to take extra time to teach it etc.)
# OF PLAYERS:
URL: Copy and past the URL from Board Game Geek here
Snikt!

dyobb

GAME TITLE: Race for the Galaxy (base game + first expansion only)
TEACHER: Dyson Yobb
START TIME: 7:30 pm & 8:00pm
DURATION:  The first ½ hour will be a teaching game, then we will start the second full game at 8pm. New players welcome!
# OF PLAYERS: 6
URL: https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/28143/race-galaxy

This is one of my all-time favourite games! I will be taking players through a quick tutorial game before getting into a serious, all-out race to be the galaxy's best emperor! If you enjoy simple card games with in depth strategy, come join me for boardgamegeek's #23 ranked game! Any level of experience is welcome!

NeikeDjour

GAME TITLE: Koi Pond
DURATION: 60min

GAME TITLE: Arcadia Quest Campaign
START TIME: 7:30pm
DURATION: 120-240min
# OF PLAYERS: 3
1. NeikeDjour
2. Tempest
3. Bricktown *Confirm?*
Let me know if you want to me to bring out a specific game: Game List

silent_rob

I picked up the new hidden-movement game Specter Ops and am bringing it out on Tuesday. One player is an Agent infiltrating an enemy base, attempting to get some enemy intel and get out in a certain number of turns. The rest of the players are Hunters trying to capture the Agent. Each Hunter is a different character with different powers and there's also a choice of Agent characters with different powers. Add onto that a variety of devices/equipment that the Agent has and it's basically Metal Gear Solid: The Board Game (which I think is great).
Additionally, in a 5-player game one of the Hunters is a traitor, secretly helping the Agent. And that's  the version we're going to play (if we can get 5 players).

This is a teaching game so everyone's welcome to play (since I just got it I'm pretty new to it, too). Playing time is a little open depending on how quickly the agent is caught or not.

GAME TITLE: Specter Ops
TEACHER: silent_rob
START TIME: 830
DURATION: 60-120min
# OF PLAYERS: 5
URL: http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/155624/specter-ops

Rosencrantz

I'd like to bring out Vinhos for 6:30.  Please add Corinne and Jay to the schedule. We've got room for one more if anyone is interested.

GAME TITLE: Vinhos
TEACHER: Rosencrantz
DURATION: 2 hours
# OF PLAYERS:4
URL:http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/42052/vinhos
"Give me a lever long enough and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world." - Archimedes

Bricktown

I'm in like sin.  Nicole... you may not want to sit to my left... it has never been lucky for you.  Either way, I think my guild will take it in the finale.
Always open to trades, check out my collection

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/BrickTown

NeikeDjour

It is on like Donkey Kong! On the one hand, I feel like Tyler needs to experience the wrath of your rolls... on the other hand I feel like you are telling me to move to deceive me. You've weighted the dice, haven't you?
Let me know if you want to me to bring out a specific game: Game List

DCStyles

Please put myself and jkokura down for X-Wing at 7:30.  Will need to reserve one of the large round tables to play.

GAME TITLE: Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures
TEACHER: DCStyles
START TIME: 7:30pm
DURATION: 2-3 hours
# OF PLAYERS: 2
URL: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/103885/star-wars-x-wing-miniatures-game
My collection of board games:  http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/chowman13     Feel free to request something and I'll bring it out!