Prairie Game eXpo - Core Ritchie Centre - Saturday, May 27th, 2017 (9am) FREE!

Started by Dana_Tillusz, February 02, 2017, 09:59:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bboileau

In line with our Roleplaying and Storytelling emphasis for this May's PGX, I have posted sessions of Chronicles of Darkness (starting 9 am) and Dread RPG (starting 2 pm), both excellent horror-based storytelling systems. Come, learn, and build a story with me!
Here is my collection, trades, and wishlist on bgg if something should peak your interest!

bboileau

Quote from: Cordawg on April 19, 2017, 07:56:11 PM
Hey guys I'm going to run call of cthulhu dockside dogs it's a scenario for 3-6  players
This was supposed to be a simple heist.
A group of well-dressed criminals arrive at a warehouse to rendezvous after pulling off an extraordinary crime. They know each other only by their pseudonyms - Mister Black, Mister Red, Mister Green, Mister Purple, Mister Beige, Mister Silver, Mister Grey.
The plan is simply to sit tight until midnight when someone will arrive to ferry them - and the loot - across the bay to make a final delivery to the boss. Sounds easy, right?
But things take a turn for the weird; strange things happen in and around the warehouse. Things which make the criminals doubt the allegiances of the compatriots, their own sanity, and ultimately the very nature of reality.
It is going to be a long wait for the ferryman.
Dockside Dogs is a one-shot scenario for Call of Cthulhu. Three to six players take on the roles of the well-dressed criminals, hoping against all odds that they will make it through the night.

Start time 5 pm so come on down and join in for the trip  to the dockside

Hey Cory, I posted your RPG session to the Roleplaying area, how long can participants expect to play for yours?

Brad
Here is my collection, trades, and wishlist on bgg if something should peak your interest!

milothewise

GAME: Agricola
TEACHER: milothewise [Nick]
START TIME: 9:30
DURATION: ~2 Hours, 30 minutes
# OF PLAYERS: 2-5

In Agricola, you're a farmer in a wooden shack with your spouse and little else. On a turn, you get to take only two actions, one for you and one for the spouse, from all the possibilities you'll find on a farm: collecting clay, wood, or stone; building fences; and so on. You might think about having kids in order to get more work accomplished, but first you need to expand your house. And what are you going to feed all the little rugrats?

GAME: Dungeon Lords
TEACHER: milothewise [Nick]
START TIME: 12:30
DURATION: ~3 Hours, 30 minutes
# OF PLAYERS: 2-4
A very involved worker-placement game where the winner is the evil genius with the most elaborate dungeon after 2 years of do-gooder adverturers pillaging your ill-gotten gains.

Have you ever ventured with party of heroes to conquer dungeons, gain pride, experiences and of course rich treasure? And has it ever occurred to you how hard it actually is to build and manage such underground complex filled with corridors and creatures? No? Well now you can try. Put yourself in role of the master of underground, summon your servants, dig complex of tunnels and rooms, set traps, hire creatures and try to stop filthy heroes from conquering and plundering your precious creation. We can guarantee you will look on dark corners, lairs and their inhabitant from completely different perspective!

Xanderathos

I would like to sign up to play both Agricola and Dungeon Lords. 

Cordawg

ChadBoudreau

If you are taking sign-ups for Dread, please sign-up Breton. He is super-excited.

bboileau

Quote from: Cordawg on May 01, 2017, 10:06:58 PM
Can u switch the time of call of cthulhu to 10 am please

Cory, it's updated.

Quote from: ChadBoudreau on May 03, 2017, 10:52:55 AM
If you are taking sign-ups for Dread, please sign-up Breton. He is super-excited.

Chad, Breton is added in for the first session at 2:00pm.

Lori

GAME: Mombasa
TEACHER: Lori
START TIME: 10:00
DURATION: 120 minutes
# OF PLAYERS: 4
1. Lori
2. PhotoJim
3. trimmer

SteamPunch

I'll do the Lanterns Tournament please.

I will also attempt the Chronicles of Darkness at 9 - in case you are starting a list!