Chewsday Challenge - North Albert Boston Pizza - October 21, 2014 (18:00)

Started by Dana_Tillusz, September 15, 2014, 10:22:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin Dearborn

Feel the need to bring out Cyclades:

Victory requires respect for all the gods - players cannot afford to sacrifice to only one god, but must pay homage to each of five gods in turn. Each turn, the players bid for the favors of the gods, as only one player can have the favor of each god per turn - and each player is also limited to the favor of a single god per turn.
Ares allows the movement of player armies and the building of Fortresses.
Poseidon allows players to move their navies and build Ports.
Zeus allows his followers to hire priests and build temples.
Athena provides her worshipers with philosophers and universities.
Apollo increases the income of his worshipers.

oh, and the C3K expansion will be in use.......be prepared for mummies and death scarabs.

5 players starting at 6:30

scuudz

craftybernardo

Quote from: DCStyles on October 16, 2014, 10:00:39 PM
Crafty, Dana expressed interest in playing a practice game of Twilight Struggle with you after 7:30 on the TS league page.   I'd be happy to give you another practice game / tutorial for it after Xia wraps up around 9:30 if you're interested.

Sounds good to me Derek !

NeikeDjour

I'm going to be bringing Seasons for 6:30 (4 players, 120 minutes) And Summoner Wars and Lords of War for 8:30pm , they are both 1vs1 games. If anyone is interested in either of these at 8:30, just let me know.

The greatest sorcerers of the kingdom have gathered at the heart of the Argos forest, where the legendary tournament of the 12 seasons is taking place. At the end of the three year competition, the new archmage of the kingdom of Xidit will be chosen from among the competitors. Take your place, wizard! Equip your ancestral magical items, summon your most faithful familiars to your side and be ready to face the challenge! Seasons is a tactical game of cards and dice which takes place in two phases:

The first phase "Prelude" consists of a card draft: the goal during this phase will be to establish own 9-card deck for the main part of the game and with it the strategy. Once the Prelude is complete, each player must separate his 9 cards into 3 packs of 3 cards. He will begin the second phase of the game with his first pack of three cards, then gradually as the game progresses, he will receive the other two packets of three cards.

Next comes the Tournament: at the beginning of each round a player will roll the seasons dice (dice = number of players +1).
These cubes offer a variety of actions to the players:
- Increase your summoning gauge (maximum number of cards you may have placed on the table and in play)
- Harvesting energy (water, earth, fire, air) to pay the cost of power cards
- Crystallizing the energy to collect crystals. Crystals serve both as a resource to pay for some cards, but also as victory points in the end.
- Draw new cards

Each player can choose only one die per turn. The die not chosen by anyone determines how many fields the "time track" would move forward. In addition, all the dice are different depending on the season. For example, there are not the same energies to a particular season. Throughout the game, players will therefore have to adapt to these changes - also the "exchange rates" of energy to crystals vary during seasons - the energy not present on the dice in any given season is also the best paid during the season. At the end of the game, the crystals are summed with victory points granted by the cards (minus some penalties, where applicable). The highest score wins.

In Lords of War players use hands of six cards (called units) drawn from their army deck of 36 cards. A player turn starts with one card placed onto a gridded board. With the exception of ranged and spear units, cards must be placed adjacent to an enemy unit. An elimination phase follows in which you check for the elimination of opposing cards and the one you just placed. Cards have unique formations of attack arrows on their edges and corners signifying which adjacent cards they attack once played and the damage they will do. Each card also has a defense value which when exceeded by opposing cards sees that card defeated. Once combat has been resolved, the player can then either draw a new card from his army deck or retrieve a unit from the board that has not engaged in combat during that turn. Play continues until one player has eliminated twenty units or four commanders.

Summoner Wars is a fast-playing card game. Players take on the role of Summoners: powerful beings who harness the power of mysterious Summoning Stones to lead their race to conquest on the war-torn planet of Itharia. These Summoners wield terrible magic on the battlefield, freezing their foes in place, draining their enemies of power, and even bringing rains of fire down from the heavens. But most notoriously, they summon their great race's hordes of warriors to the battlefield, to clash in the never-ending struggle for supremacy. A Summoner is both mage and general, and must combine their wizardly might with clever tactics to defeat the enemy Summoner on the opposite side of the battle.
Let me know if you want to me to bring out a specific game: Game List

prairieguy

NeikeDjour

Rye M

Man, I love Seasons, but I really want to try Cyclades.

Sign me up for Cyclades, please!

Rosencrantz

I've always been curious about Seasons.  Please add myself and Jay please and thanks.
"Give me a lever long enough and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world." - Archimedes

RobSven

Hey I haven't been out yet, heard about the game night and signed up for forums and then had a brand new baby eliminating my time for a while, but I'd love to start coming and would love to play that xia if there is still room. 

NeikeDjour

Quote from: RobSven on October 18, 2014, 11:48:06 PM
Hey I haven't been out yet, heard about the game night and signed up for forums and then had a brand new baby eliminating my time for a while, but I'd love to start coming and would love to play that xia if there is still room.
Sure thing! Welcome. :)