Prairie Game eXpo - Core Ritchie Centre - Saturday, June 28th, 2014 (9:00am)

Started by Dana_Tillusz, March 25, 2014, 09:55:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NeikeDjour

Let me know if you want to me to bring out a specific game: Game List

Dana_Tillusz

Thanks for organizing the King of Tokyo tournament, Nicole!

(I'm going to win that Space Penguin, btw!)
Snikt!

Dana_Tillusz

Quote from: Jon on June 18, 2014, 10:31:59 AM
I would like to bring Automobile. I have never run a game at an event like this before but if I have any takers I would love to get this game out. I will be busy playing Railways between 11 and 2 or 3. So maybe right after that? I have also only played this game as a 2 player up till now. It plays up to 5 and the box says 2 hours. I think our 2 player games have come in just over an hour.

Also, if anyone is there early enough to fit in a short/medium game prior to 11 I am willing to bring any from my collection.

Collection can be found here:
http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/jayboy?own=1&subtype=boardgame&ff=1

Hi Jon, Automobile starts at 3 -- let me know if you want to change it.
Snikt!

Dana_Tillusz

Food for Learning has emailed me about the canteen.

Breakfast: They'll be open at 9am and ready with coffee, muffins, banana bread and the like.

Lunch: BBQed hotdogs and hamburgers will be served from noon until they run out, so get it there early.

Supper: Fresh pizza will be served from 5-7.

The canteen will have snacks and drinks all day.

The organizers of PGX ask that no outside food be brought into the event and that you support the canteen if you're able. All sales go to Food for Learning, which is an organization that feeds kids in need. Cash only.

Snikt!

Dana_Tillusz

Snikt!

ChadBoudreau

I'm getting the impression a lot of people are bringing their own games, are going to borrow from the PGX library, or are going to show up and make their gaming choices based on what games are looking for players. But if you do want to schedule part of your day, please post on the forum what you are bringing, when you're coming, and how many players you need.

NeikeDjour

Quote from: Dana_Tillusz on June 21, 2014, 05:29:02 PM
Holy poop!

Space Penguin sells for $125 on ebay!

http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgameexpansion/144606/king-of-tokyo-space-penguin-promo-character
Last time I looked he was $60, but as people keep buying out all of the tournament prizes, he keeps going up. Crazy, right?

Join the tournament while you caaaaan..... :P
Let me know if you want to me to bring out a specific game: Game List

Colin Dearborn

Quote from: ChadBoudreau on June 21, 2014, 06:12:55 PM
I'm getting the impression a lot of people are bringing their own games, are going to borrow from the PGX library, or are going to show up and make their gaming choices based on what games are looking for players. But if you do want to schedule part of your day, please post on the forum what you are bringing, when you're coming, and how many players you need.

True, plan on bringing out a large selection......setting up somewhere and just going at it all day. No real plans other than Automobile.

Likely tending towards the lighter side with Amanda, so if you have younger ones with you come and find me.

Jeff Haubrich

I will be there at 9am for most of the day. I will be bringing some of my collection with special attention to warhammer diskwars for 2 to 4 players. Depending on interest I could run that a few times during the day-Jeff
"Life is a game, boy. Life is a game that one plays according to the rules."

PoeticTerror