Kickstarter Corner

Started by NeikeDjour, January 31, 2014, 01:09:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NeikeDjour

Let me know if you want to me to bring out a specific game: Game List

Jolo

I think I have played Santorini, probably 10 years ago or so. Interesting game, and quite good

Lareina

Does anyone want to go in on a bigger pledge to get free shipping and slightly cheaper copies?

Lori

I've pledged on this but could add others in if there's interest.

Bix Conners

:excited
Okay, I have not backed a kickstarter in ages, but I may have to jump on this one...
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/looneylabs/pyramid-arcade

Here is a BGG News Video about the game and contents:

NEW ChewsDay Challenge Website - Community.PwYF.ca
We encourage you to sign up on the new site and get settled in.

Tempest

Because Coolmini isn't doing enough kickstarters right now, here's another one I'm really tempted to back. Looks like the base game isn't necessary, and if you don't already have it, you can get it (and the expansions at a decent discount) and an upgrade kit to make it in line with the new rules they'll be doing. If it's an actual improvement over the base game, which is incredibly fun, I'll be impressed.

Of course, that pricetag is hefty. But you get so many plastic bits...

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/coolminiornot/rum-and-bones-second-tide
Got a request for a game, check out this link right here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/t_shak I'd be more than glad to bring any of these out to play.

Bricktown

Haha... I get jokes  :D

Had to do a double take on this one :p
Always open to trades, check out my collection

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/BrickTown

Lori

Not a Kickstarter but the pre-order is out for Stonemaiergames' next set of realistic resources:

They are $39 each set or all 3 in a slipcase for $99.

The coins from Viticulture will be available again as well as the coins that will be in the upcoming Scythe box.

NeikeDjour

QuoteCavern Tavern is a worker (dice) placement and resource management board game that is set in a fantasy world. Each player assumes the role of a worker in the tavern. Your job is to serve drinks, work in the kitchen, do chores, and on top of that try to keep every guest happy, including the nasty and greedy barkeep.

Cavern Tavern uses worker (dice) placement and resource management mechanics.

Every player has 4 dice that represents his available actions. On each turn, a player can assign his dice to 1 of the 21 locations in the tavern. These locations require different amount of dice value and each location holds a different reward. The players can choose to place 1 die on a location, combine them in groups to receive bigger rewards, or discard them to receive benefits that will help them advance in the game. So when the player rolls his 4 dice, he has a lot of options where to put them and how to use them, thus forming a strategy and reducing the luck factor to minimum.

The locations are divided into 6 sections:
1.   Main area: Players pick up Orders from guests in this section.
2.   Cellar: The ingredients used to complete orders are located in this section.
3.   Kitchen: Players can work in this section to receive rewards.
4.   Chores: Players can complete chores in this section to receive rewards.
5.   Wizard's Workshop: Players can seek help for completing their Orders in this section.
6.   Nasty the Dwarf's Office: Players can suck up to the boss and badmouth coworkers in this section.

During the game, players need to complete their Orders as soon as possible. For each round an Order is late, the Order's point value decreases.
Late Orders also affect the player's reputation with the barkeep, Nasty the Dwarf, which can have dire consequences.
Your experience in managing in the Kitchen and doing Chores in the Tavern will be noted as well which can also influence your game advancement.
Throughout the game the players can pick up Items that are left by the Tavern's patrons. These Items are located all over the Tavern and the players can benefit through their clever usage.

Before the game starts, the players will receive a Secret Task from Nasty which will grant them bonus Victory Points at the end of the game for meeting his conditions.
But also there are cards that will make the players' jobs in the Tavern more difficult and they are called Nasty the Dwarf Says cards. By drawing one of these cards the player must fulfill a mandatory task given by Nasty the Dwarf.

NeikeDjour

QuoteWelcome to a whole new way to transport your games. The Game Canopy system is designed specifically with your board games in mind. Protect those rare and out-of-print gems, that you always feared to take out to gaming group, and experience the thrill of packing the Game Canopy full of all your favorites! Bring your perfect combination of games in style, and show off your beloved hobby as something you take pride in.

The Game Canopy system focusses on three main things: Unique Front Panel, Squared Shape, and Protection. Though the sizes may vary, and the features will change from one model to another, we've got you covered when it comes to traveling in style and ease.