Kickstarter Corner

Started by NeikeDjour, January 31, 2014, 01:09:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NeikeDjour

Quote from: Lori on January 29, 2016, 10:23:46 AM
Quote from: NeikeDjour on January 29, 2016, 09:23:37 AM
Lori - Are there enough claimed copies of Tiny Epic Western claimed for a bulk buy, or should I look into getting my copy myself?

I haven't had anyone else express interest.  Four people claimed 5 copies but that still leaves us 5 short.  Is it another week on this one?
Yup
Let me know if you want to me to bring out a specific game: Game List

RockBane

Pugmire, the Fantasy Tabletop RPG

This RPG is one where you play in a post-human age where various species have gained sentience and have created their own empires.

The game's Slogan is "Be a Good Dog!" and here's the Code of Man:

It's already fully funded, so yes, this will be happening and the date for the shipping of the book is Aug 2017.  By being a backer, you get early access to the already created content of the book that's still in the possess of editing.

They have Add-Ons of dice, Pins, GM screen, and additional books.

Various stretch goals have been met, including a discount on a Pugmire shirt from Redbubble, creation of Pugmire Fiction Anthology, Roll20 resources for Pugmire, deck of cards for Pugmire involving Spells, Condition, and Trick, Audio Drama of one of the Anthology stories, and more to be imagined!

Link: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/200664283/pugmire-fantasy-tabletop-rpg
I'm heading off on a digital trip
And that's what I plan to do!
I'm going away to a digital plain
And I ain't coming back real soon!

The whole thing is electrical!
It's running through my veins
That everything is connectable!

Hey! Digital....Hey! Digital....world, world, world!
~Going Digital

NeikeDjour

QuoteCowabunga! It's here! The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles game you've been waiting for! Play as one of the four turtle brothers (and some of their trusted allies), and defend New York City from thugs, ninjas, and of course the Shredder!

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shadows of the Past is a story-driven adventure game for two to five players who will duel it out street by street and mission by mission to save (or conquer) New York. The game is based off of IDW's ongoing comic book universe and features missions taken straight from some of the series' biggest moments. Designed by the legendary Kevin Wilson (Descent, Arkham Horror) with input from Kevin Eastman and IDW's entire TMNT creative team, this highly thematic adventure features incredible mechanics and gameplay. You've seen dice-chucking combat, but this is dice-nunchucking at its finest!

Each Hero player in the game receives their own custom set of dice and Special Move cards uniquely matched to their character's fighting style. While it's fun to have your own unique dice and moves, what really sets this game apart is the shared dice mechanic once combat begins. Each round, every Hero player simultaneously rolls their dice then lays them out in front of their play area, strategically positioning their dice from left to right in order to lend help to their fellow players. This means that on the active player's turn, they'll have access to their own dice and their teammates' closest dice on each side of their character. This innovative system helps save players from useless rolls and thematically expresses how closely knit the team is. The only way to defeat the Foot Clan is to truly fight as one. It's the ultimate co-operative system. Each hero has their own sheet with unique stats, a set of special moves, and custom dice that highlight their specific fighting style.

The Villain player will build a custom deck of action cards depending on which characters they have access to during the scenario. The Villain deck will be used to activate minions or leaders in combat with play alternating between heroes and villains each turn.

Tempest

Wut. No. Wallet, come back. Nuuuuu!
Got a request for a game, check out this link right here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/t_shak I'd be more than glad to bring any of these out to play.

RockBane

Evolution: Climate

Quote from: From the KickstarterIn Evolution: Climate, players adapt their species in a dynamic ecosystem where food is scarce, predators lurk, and the climate can swing between scorching hot and icy cold. Traits like a Hard Shell and Horns can protect your species from Carnivores while a Long Neck will help them get food that others cannot reach. Heavy Fur and Migratory can protect your species from the cold while being Nocturnal or Burrowing will provide protection from the cruel desert sun. With over 200,000 ways to evolve your species, every game evolves into a different adventure.

If you don't own Evolution, buy the stand-alone Evolution: Climate (the $55 pledge level, $5 off MSRP). It contains everything you need to play Evolution as well as everything you need to play Climate.

If you already own Evolution, we're offering a Conversion Kit (the $25 pledge level, $5 off MSRP) to transform Evolution into Evolution: Climate.

Finally, we have fantastic stretch goals including gamplay that introduces dramatic climate events like ice ages, desertification, volcanic eruptions, and planet-smothering meteors!

What you get:

~Going Digital

swoop_ds

Thought this video was interesting for Kickstarter folk:

NeikeDjour

QuoteMasmorra is the dungeon underneath the great city of Arcadia, which was used as a testing ground for prospective Guild Heroes. But since the warlock Malaphyas took it over, filling it with his monstrous minions, it's become a real challenge, beckoning the Heroes to brave its treacherous corridors in search of fame and fortune! Masmorra: Dungeons of Arcadia is set in the Arcadia Quest universe, but is in fact a completely new and different game. In it, 2 to 5 players each control a single Hero, competing against all other Heroes. They must explore the rooms of the dungeon, defeating monsters, evading traps, and collecting gold in order to be the first to reach the highest experience level.

As the Heroes go exploring, the dungeon is revealed room by room, creating a different layout each time you play. Whenever a Hero moves into an unexplored section, they draw a new dungeon tile, adding a new feature to the dungeon. Dungeon tiles contain all sorts of suprises, such as monster spawns, gold stashes, deadly traps, healing fountains, dangerous chasms, teleportation gates, and even huge rooms filled with both terrifying foes and mesmerizing treasure! When stairs are found, the Heroes can go even deeper into the dungeon, accessing a different set of even more challenging and rewarding dungeon tiles.

Most of the monsters you will encounter in Masmorra are presented as special dice. Many of the dungeon tiles you explore will cause one of these dice to be rolled and placed on the tile, representing a random monster spawn. There are two types of dice: one with normal monsters and another with more dangerous foes that will only appear in the second level of the dungeon. These beautiful dice have full-color illustrations of the monsters tempo-printed onto the dice surface. This process creates incredibly durable dice that will not fade with the normal wear and tear of constant gaming! Each face of the dice shows a different monster, with its attack, defense, and XP value.

At the start of each Hero's turn, they roll 6 Action Dice that will guide their actions that turn. After one optional reroll, the Hero needs to employ the results obtained to the best of their abilities to brave the dungeon. Melee is used to attack monsters; Ranged may knock them out before they can even fight back; Defense can block their attacks; Steps help you move quickly through the corridors; Elixir can heal you; and you can use Magic to change any other result to what you really need. The results can often be employed in many other ways, though, such as special attacks against the undead, disarming traps, opening treasure chests, etc. It's all about finding the best way to make the Action Dice work to your advantage!

Each of the Heroes braving the Masmorra has their own unique starting ability, which they can use to perform special feats, or change Action Dice results in their own way. But more than that, each Hero has four other unique abilities they are able to unlock whenever they level up. Each time a Hero gains enough XP, he chooses which of their ability cards to upgrade in order to unlock a new ability. That means the same Hero can evolve in different ways each game, offering different options to the player. Unlocked abilities present several different ways in which Action Dice results and gold coins can be used to trigger all sorts of special effects!

While Heroes don't directly fight each other inside the Masmorra (the Guild Code is oddly strict about that), they still have many tricks up their sleeves to hurt their opponents. At the end of their turn, each player gets to control the Monsters a little bit, possibly throwing them on top of the other Heroes (just be careful you're not just helping them kill more foes more quickly). But most of all, the Treasure cards Heroes are able to gather can either be used to help themselves, or to hinder others in a myriad of colorful ways. There is no player elimination in Masmorra, but getting killed can set you back quite a bit with some XP and Treasure loss.

NeikeDjour

QuoteWorld War 2 has become a memory, and global power is shifting as modernization changes the world. Nations scramble to upgrade their energy production to keep up with the rapid growth. The price of oil is going up, and nuclear energy is the wave of the future. In Energy Empire, each player takes control of a nation vying for power in the second half of the 20th century. They build up their nation's industry, commerce, and government by acquiring resources, building structures, and tapping new sources of energy. The major threat in Energy Empire is not war, but uncertain global impacts that affect all nations. Your actions come with a cost. As nations become more industrious, they also increase the amount of pollution in the environment. Careful use of science can reduce the harmful effects of industry, and help avert a global crisis.

Manhattan Project: Energy Empire is a stand alone game in our "Manhattan Project" line of games. It shares many of the same mechanics from the original top 150 award winning game, but with less "take that" actions. Designed by established game designers Luke Lurie and Tom Jolly.

Energy Empire uses worker placement, tableau-building, and resource management game mechanics. On each turn, a player can choose to either WORK or GENERATE. On a work turn, a player places a single worker on the main board, then uses workers and energy to activate cards in their tableau. Players may spend energy to use an occupied space on the main board, so no main board spaces are ever completely blocked. On a Generate turn, players get to renew their supply of energy by rolling "energy dice" that represent nuclear, coal, oil, solar, and other forms of energy.

Cordawg

I backed the Manhattan project energy empire

RockBane

~Going Digital