Chewsday Challenge - North Albert Boston Pizza - June 18th, 2013 (18:00)

Started by Dana_Tillusz, May 26, 2013, 12:55:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deb

Can you sign me and David up for Castle of Burgundy Please   ty

Deb32

I'm new to all this but am going to pop by to check it out tonight... anything I need to know?!? Do I need to bring a game?
Thanks!
Deb

Bix Conners

Quote from: Deb32 on June 18, 2013, 09:54:24 AM
I'm new to all this but am going to pop by to check it out tonight... anything I need to know?!? Do I need to bring a game?
Thanks!
Deb

Hello Deb. Just come on out and we will get you situated.
No need to bring a game unless you want to. See you tonight.
NEW ChewsDay Challenge Website - Community.PwYF.ca
We encourage you to sign up on the new site and get settled in.

R Newell

I feel like I've been shot in the back right before I inadvertently walked off a conveyor belt into a deep pit.  I think that's a sign that I should be playing Robo Rally tonight.  Sign me up.

celticgriffon

At Prariecon (Brandon, MB) I played a live action version of Roborally.  It totally took this game to the next level.  Super fun complete with little light guns for lasers... haha

Michael
I wonder if you could be anyone would you be yourself? - yup it's mine..

ChadBoudreau

Game Night Recap

Image by: Mikko Saari (msaari) on BoardGameGeek

ATTENDANCE: 35

GAMES PLAYED:Las Vegas, Roborally, Invasion from Outer Space, Castles of Burgundy, Gloom, Kill Doctor Lucky, Pandemic, Cartagena, Powerboats, Stone Age, Tichu, Anno 1503, Pax Porfriania, Chocoly, Small World, Get Bit, No Thanks.

ANNOUNCEMENTS:
(1) Matt Robertson announced he had one ticket left for Beer Wolf. As one of the moderators / narrators for that upcoming event I was excited to hear the event was almost sold out. Going to be a lot of fun.
(2) Team registration for "24 Hours to Play With Your Food" will starting soon. Stay tuned for more information.
(3) Some new faces again! I counted at least 3 first-timers, but I suspect there was one or two more.

Be sure to check out the revised venue info page and FAQ HERE

Also, if you have any thoughts or feedback about these events, send an email to ChewsDayChallenge@SaskGames.com

Tempest

Robo Rally was a blast! Definitely going to have to check it out again sometime. That one conveyer belt claimed so many innocent robo-souls. Oh, and poor twitch, he spent so much time spinning around in those double lasers, unable to avoid fate's cruel hand. ~sniff~
Got a request for a game, check out this link right here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/t_shak I'd be more than glad to bring any of these out to play.

celticgriffon

Tyler - you probably didn't know this.. but Richard Garfield originally pitched Roborally to Wizards of the Coast...  he was declined and told to come up with a card based game..  He had already been tinkering with Magic before then... in the end he gave them Magic and then later they also produced Roborally.  Sometimes life works in funny strange ways.

Michael
I wonder if you could be anyone would you be yourself? - yup it's mine..

Bix Conners

Quote from: Tempest on June 19, 2013, 04:26:45 PM
Robo Rally was a blast! Definitely going to have to check it out again sometime. That one conveyer belt claimed so many innocent robo-souls. Oh, and poor twitch, he spent so much time spinning around in those double lasers, unable to avoid fate's cruel hand. ~sniff~

Glad you enjoyed it. :)
I am going to try to bring this out every once in awhile to ChewsDay Challenge events. There is so much variety with the map boards and scenarios that it will be fun to explore the game.
NEW ChewsDay Challenge Website - Community.PwYF.ca
We encourage you to sign up on the new site and get settled in.

Tempest

Michael - I didn't know that, that's really interesting. Now if only I could get rich and powerful so I can produce some of my zany ideas... like... beef... stew. Huh.

Matt - sounds good. I need to redeem myself!
Got a request for a game, check out this link right here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/t_shak I'd be more than glad to bring any of these out to play.