Chewsday Challenge - North Albert Boston Pizza - June 4th, 2013 (18:00)

Started by Dana_Tillusz, May 26, 2013, 12:55:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dana_Tillusz

*** ChewsDay Challenge ***
Brought to you by

...and...

What: ChewsDay Challenge Boardgame Night.
Where: Boston Pizza, North Albert Street (Regina)
When: Every ChewsDay Night.
Who: Anyone interested in playing boardgames.
Why: Life is Short; Play Games!

THIS WEEK'S EVENT AMBASSADOR: Matt Robertson
THIS WEEK'S GAME HOST: Colin Dearborn
THIS WEEK'S FEATURE GAME: Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game

:excited :scrab-g :scrab-a :scrab-m :scrab-e :scrab-blank :scrab-s :scrab-c :scrab-h :scrab-e :scrab-d :scrab-u :scrab-l :scrab-i :scrab-n :scrab-g  :excited
GAME: Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game
TEACHER: Colin Dearborn
START TIME: 6:30
DURATION: 45 Minutes
PLAYERS...
1. Colin Dearborn
2. Cordawg
3. Tempest
4. Amanda
5. Baerik

GAME: Entdecker: Exploring New Horizons
TEACHER: Dana Tillusz
DURATION: 90 Minutes
PLAYERS...
1. Dana Tillusz
2. Lareina
3. Chris
4. Christine

GAME: Seasons
TEACHER: Mike Gallagher
PLAYERS...
1. Mike Gallagher
2. Guy Ouellette
3. 'Marc Bendig
4. Bellis

GAME: Arctic Scavengers
TEACHER: Tempest
START TIME: 7:30
PLAYERS...
1. Tempest
2. Cordawg
3. Baerik
4. Matt Robertson

If you would like to schedule a game. Please post in this event thread with the following information:
Name of the game, when you would like to start, The duration of the game, and the number of players it can accommodate.
Snikt!

Dana_Tillusz

Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game is set in the Marvel Comics universe. To set up the game, players choose a number of hero decks – Spider-Man, Hulk, Cyclops, Wolverine, etc. – and shuffle them together; since players use only a handful of hero decks out of the fifteen included, the hero deck can vary widely in terms of what's available. Players then choose a mastermind villain (Magneto, Loki, Dr. Doom, etc.), stack that particular villain's attack cards underneath it, then modify the villain deck as needed based on that villain's particular scheme.

BGG Link: http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/129437/legendary-a-marvel-deck-building-game
Snikt!

Dana_Tillusz

A reworking of the game Entdecker, this game still starts with a blank game board that represents an unexplored sea. Tiles are drawn and placed on squares on the board. As the tiles are placed, islands develop on the board and players pay to place settlements, forts, or scouts on these islands in an effort to become the most powerful explorer.

Completed islands yield victory points to all who have invested in exploration on an island, but of course the most points go to the player who has established the strongest presence. This updated version adds a larger board, fees to enter from all but one edge of the board, a different income system, new bonus waterfall tiles, the ability to draw (for a price) from open stacks of tiles, and most of all an entirely new area of the board that represents scouts exploring jungles on the islands in search of exotic plants (this is the bonus discovery chip system revamped), and other changes.

BGG Link: http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/1334/entdecker-exploring-new-horizons
Snikt!

Dana_Tillusz

It is draw week. We have a $25 ComicReaders gift certificate to give away and a $100 Boston Pizza gift certificate to give away. Please note that we will make sure to give that $100 BP to someone it attendance. We will continue to draw until we pick someone's name who shows up on June 4th! Don't miss out!
Snikt!

Lareina

Cordawg

Tempest

I enjoy Legendary as well, sign me up. To keep in the theme of deckbuilding, I recently picked up arctic scavengers and wouldn't mind bringing that to the table. Maybe say for 7:30? It's about an hour and a half with teaching, I think, maybe more. Has room for 5 people.
Got a request for a game, check out this link right here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/t_shak I'd be more than glad to bring any of these out to play.

Rosencrantz

Please sign me up for Legendary and Arctic Scavengers.  Thanks!
"Give me a lever long enough and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world." - Archimedes

Baerik

Bix Conners

I have heard good things about Arctic Scavengers. I will give it a go.
NEW ChewsDay Challenge Website - Community.PwYF.ca
We encourage you to sign up on the new site and get settled in.