Strategy Saturday - Argyle Road Baptist Church - Saturday, Apr. 13, 2013

Started by Allan Luesink, April 09, 2013, 01:14:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allan Luesink

Hi everyone,

Sorry for the later notice, I had intended to send this sooner ... but I was delinquent.  Well, at least I won't get sent for a time-out (I hope! lol).

I don't know how many are aware of this but Regina has an annual gaming convention.  It is called FragCon and it will be happening soon (the weekend of May 3-5).  This convention is a time that people get together and have a weekend of games, some with a bit of more competition and some with a laid-back-have-a-good-time element.  Actually even the 'competitive' games are still pretty laid back.

The convention is put on by a local gaming group, the Flatlands Regional Association of Gamers (FRAG) and there is a fee to cover the conventions expenses.  You can register online and right now if you register by this coming Sunday (May 14th), you can get an early bird discount.  Go and check out FRAG's website and look at the scheduled games and see if this is something that may interest you.  And if you've never been to a convention, have no fear, people are always happy to teach games to new players.  I can say that I'm looking forward to it - it'll be a good weekend.

Our Feature Game this month is going to be a sneak preview of one of the games on the FragCon schedule.  Chris Hefner will be running Merchant of Venus and he has agreed to teach it this Saturday.  So here's a chance to try out a convention game before the event and see if it may be one you'd like to try your hand at come FragCon.

We'll be in the basement of Argyle Road Baptist Church (3510 Argyle Rd) from 7pm to midnight.  As usual we'll have our snack counter open so feel free to contribute a drink or something to munch on.  And feel free to bring along friends (and to forward this email).

Hope you'll be there,

Allan
(along with Michael and Barry)