Chewsday Challenge - North Albert Boston Pizza - April 16th, 2013 (18:00)

Started by Dana_Tillusz, March 10, 2013, 01:12:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dana_Tillusz

*** ChewsDay Challenge ***
Brought to you by

...and...

What: ChewsDay Challenge Boardgame Night.
Where: Boston Pizza, North Albert Street (Regina)
When: Every ChewsDay Night.
Who: Anyone interested in playing boardgames.
Why: Life is Short; Play Games!

THIS WEEK'S EVENT AMBASSADOR: Dana Tillusz
THIS WEEK'S GAME HOST: Colin Dearborn
THIS WEEK'S FEATURE GAME: The Adventurers: The Temple of Chac

:excited :scrab-g :scrab-a :scrab-m :scrab-e :scrab-blank :scrab-s :scrab-c :scrab-h :scrab-e :scrab-d :scrab-u :scrab-l :scrab-i :scrab-n :scrab-g  :excited
GAME: The Adventurers: The Temple of Chac
TEACHER: Colin Dearborn
START TIME: 6:30
DURATION: 60 Minutes
PLAYERS...
1. Colin Dearborn
2. Baerik
3. Cordawg
4. Stine
5. Barry Ellis
6. Rex Caleval

GAME: Cyclades
TEACHER: Colin Dearborn
START TIME: 7:30 or 8:00
DURATION: ... 90 Minutes
PLAYERS...
1. Colin Dearborn
2. Alex Dearborn
3. Bryce Robinson
4. Tempest
5. Rex Caleval

GAME:
TEACHER:
START TIME: 6:30
DURATION: ... Minutes
PLAYERS...

If you would like to schedule a game. Please post in this event thread with the following information:
Name of the game, when you would like to start, The duration of the game, and the number of players it can accommodate.
Snikt!

Colin Dearborn

A fun simulation of Indiana-Jones-style temple robbers. Players move through a Mayan temple, risking constant death while trying to get to the exit, carrying as much treasure as they dare. The more treasure cards you have, the fewer actions you might get this round. If your character gets killed, a second one can drop in and you may still get enough treasure and escape to win.

The temple starts with a room of crushing walls, leading into a winding passage that takes you past a lava pit and locked alcoves. The passage goes on, with two short-cuts that might save you time; a fast river or a rickety wooden bridge. You must balance attempts to grab treasure from the rooms, as you pass through, with staying ahead of a massive boulder, tumbling down the passage after you. If you have to let the boulder pass or be crushed to death, then you're forced to jump in the river and risk drowning just to get ahead. Otherwise, the boulder reaches the exit before you, blocking it and you're trapped forever.

Baerik

Stine

Bryce Robinson

I take requests. See my collection here. http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/brycrbnsn

Bryce Robinson

my work schedule had changed so I wont be there for the 6:30 start of the adventurers.
I take requests. See my collection here. http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/brycrbnsn

Colin Dearborn

Going to be running Cyclades after Adventurer's.

Anyone interested please feel free to  sign up.

Victory requires respect for all the gods - players cannot afford to sacrifice to only one god, but must pay homage to each of five gods in turn. Each turn, the players bid for the favors of the gods, as only one player can have the favor of each god per turn - and each player is also limited to the favor of a single god per turn.

• Ares allows the movement of player armies and the building of Fortresses.
• Poseidon allows players to move their navies and build Ports.
• Zeus allows his followers to hire priests and build temples.
• Athena provides her worshipers with philosophers and universities.
• Apollo increases the income of his worshipers.

Bryce Robinson

Colin Dearborn

Quote from: qwijybo on April 12, 2013, 07:02:49 PM
what time for cyclades?

7:30 or 8:00, once we are finished looting the Mayan Temple we can trash ancient greece.