2016 Chewday Challenge Game Requests

Started by roxy72, December 13, 2015, 12:11:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

craftybernardo

Being a big Lord of the Rings fan I have strangely neglected this area of gaming and must remedy it this year. Interested in trying War of the Ring and Battle of Five Armies. And any other LOTR games people want to teach  :excited

R Newell

I've also got Lord of the Rings (Knizia co-op) and Lord of the Rings: Confrontation I could bring.

War of the Ring is probably too big for the tables at CC.  The board is massive and there are a tonne of pieces.

PhotoJim

Derek:

Games we can help you with:

Tigris & Euphrates, Troyes, Luna (first-play list)

Caverna, Five Tribes, Imperial Settlers, Keyflower, Mottainai, Russian Railroads, Viceroy, Tzolk'in (second-play list)

I also got a screaming deal on Aquasphere ($20 US at amazon.com, and thanks to other purchases was able to get free shipping to my Montana address).  Might be a month before it hits Regina though.

I won't be able to make Chewsday Challenge for several weeks but you know where to find us.

Jim
Avidly gaming since 1972.

DCStyles

Quote from: lifeofturner on January 07, 2016, 10:40:39 AM
Here are my top 30 to play and my top 20 to replay in 2016:

Top 30 games to play in 2016: Alien Frontiers; Amun-Re; Arctic Scavengers; Barony; Cacao; Dungeon Lords; Dungeon Petz; For Sale; Genoa; Grand Austria Hotel; Hansa Teutonica; Le Havre: The Inland Port; Hengist; Luna; Merkator; My Village; Nations; Rialto; Shakespeare; Space Alert; The Spiecherstadt; Strasbourg; Taj Mahal; Targi; Through the Ages; Through the Desert; Tigris and Euphrates; Tournay; Troyes; The Voyages of Marco Polo

Twenty games to play a second time in 2016: Amerigo; Aquasphere; Bruges; Caverna: The Cave Farmers; Concordia; Core Worlds; Deus; Fields of Arle; Five Tribes; Goa; Imperial Settlers; Impulse; Keyflower; Mottainai; Russian Railroads; Terra Mystica; Trajan; Twilight Struggle; Tzolk'in: The Mayan Calendar; Viceroy (20)

I'd be happy to play Twilight Struggle with you at a Chewsday, can never get enough of that game.  Just lemme know a night that works for you.
My collection of board games:  http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/chowman13     Feel free to request something and I'll bring it out!

Dana_Tillusz

Ratings are changing! I've had to add a few to my list:

I am going to try to have 1 play of each game on BBG's top ranked 100 board games list by the end of 2016. If you see a game on this list and you'd be interested in bringing it out and teaching it please let me know.

Games I would like to play at CC in 2016!:
1. Brass
2. Caylus
3. Eldritch Horror
4. Resistance: Avalon
5. Five Tribes
6. Mage Wars: Arena
7. Descent: Journeys into Dark
8. Ora et Labora
9. Combat Commander: Europe
10. Concordia
11. 7 Wonders: Duel
12. Alchemists
13. Goa
14. Legendary Encounter: Alien
15. Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective
16. Voyages of Marco Polo
17. Summoner Wars: Master Set
18. Lord of the Rings Card Game
19. Ticket to Ride: Nordic Countries
20. Age of Empires III
21. Imperial
22. Dungeon Petz
23. Lewis & Clark
24. Blood Rage
25. Arcadia Quest
26. TIME Stories

Games that won't work at the ChewsDay Challenge event. Not sure if or when I'd ever get to play these epics...
1. Paths of Glory
2. Here I Stand
Snikt!

PrisonMonkeys

Dana and Brittani:

We've got a copy of Brass in our collection and we'd love to bring it to CC one day. The things is... we've never played it, as it is a 3-4 player game.
If anyone could teach it, that would be awesome. If not, then I'll make sure I know the rules and how to explain them when we bring it.

Tempest

I saw Caverna on someone's list; that's a game I'll always make time for. Depending on how many people play, it's not the greatest CC game because it does have a fairly large foot print. In any case, if someone requests it and we have proper table space, I'd love to bring it out some time.

Dana, I see you have Arcadia Quest on your list. If you're interested in starting a campaign, or maybe trying out one of the first scenarios to see how it works I can teach that one as well. Bear in mind it also has a large footprint.
Got a request for a game, check out this link right here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/t_shak I'd be more than glad to bring any of these out to play.

Dana_Tillusz

Quote from: PrisonMonkeys on January 30, 2016, 08:06:29 PM
Dana and Brittani:

We've got a copy of Brass in our collection and we'd love to bring it to CC one day. The things is... we've never played it, as it is a 3-4 player game.
If anyone could teach it, that would be awesome. If not, then I'll make sure I know the rules and how to explain them when we bring it.

Let me know when you're available to play. I'm usually booking a few weeks ahead these days. We could fumble through it together. Thanks!
Snikt!

Dana_Tillusz

Quote from: Tempest on January 31, 2016, 01:36:38 PM
Dana, I see you have Arcadia Quest on your list. If you're interested in starting a campaign, or maybe trying out one of the first scenarios to see how it works I can teach that one as well. Bear in mind it also has a large footprint.

I'd commit to a few games, but before I can say yes to a campaign, I'd like to give it a shot.

d.
Snikt!

Tempest

Yeah, that's fair. I'd recommend at least 2 games to get the proper experience. I'm taking my sweet time painting the minis, but let me know a time (can be later in the year) where you'd like to try it out.
Got a request for a game, check out this link right here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/t_shak I'd be more than glad to bring any of these out to play.