Chewsday Challenge - North Albert Boston Pizza - June 16, 2015 (18:00)

Started by Dana_Tillusz, March 05, 2015, 05:07:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dana_Tillusz

*** ChewsDay Challenge ***
Brought to you by

...and...

What: ChewsDay Challenge Boardgame Night.
Where: Boston Pizza, North Albert Street (Regina)
When: Every ChewsDay Night.
Who: Anyone interested in playing boardgames.
Why: Life is Short; Play Games!

:excited Click HERE for Important Information about these events :excited

THIS WEEK'S EVENT AMBASSADOR: Murray Bennett

:excited :scrab-g :scrab-a :scrab-m :scrab-e :scrab-blank :scrab-s :scrab-c :scrab-h :scrab-e :scrab-d :scrab-u :scrab-l :scrab-i :scrab-n :scrab-g :excited

GAME: Mage Knight Board Game
TEACHER: craftybernardo
START TIME: 6:30
DURATION: 180 Minutes
# OF PLAYERS: 3
1. craftybernardo
2. cappyzed
3. JemLee

GAME: Knizia Double Feature - Blue Moon City followed by Ra
TEACHER: Matt Robertson (Blue Moon City) and R Newell (Ra)
DURATION: 120 Minutes
# OF PLAYERS: 4
1. Matt Robertson
2. R Newell
3. Dana_Tillusz
4. bboileau

GAME TITLE: Dead Men Tell No Tales
TEACHER: Lori
DURATION: 90 Minutes
# OF PLAYERS: 2-5
1. Lori
2. PhotoJim
3. CdnPhoenix
4. Becksta Joy
5. silent_rob

GAME TITLE: TabletopRTS (playtest)
TEACHER: Caleb (Cvance)
START TIME: 7:30
DURATION: 45 minutes for a teaching game. Subsequent games will probably run 15-45 minutes

GAME: Small World
TEACHER: Graham Lewry
START TIME: 7:30
# OF PLAYERS: 6
1. Graham Lewry
2. Jason

GAME: Cthulhu Wars
TEACHER: bboileau
START TIME: 8:30
1. bboileau
2. silent_rob
3. Dana_Tillusz
4. R Newell

If you would like to schedule a game. Please post in this event thread with the following information:
Name of the game, when you would like to start, The duration of the game, and the number of players it can accommodate.

Due to the overwhelming success of ChewsDay Challenge we might need to limit table space in the early evening if attendance is high and the restaurant is busy. We ask that larger-sized games be planned for 7:30 and later after Boston Pizza's dinner rush when we can spill out into the dining area, if needed, and with the restaurant's permission.  Please be considerate when choosing your table area to maximize player density. Thank you for helping make ChewsDay Challenge a success!
Snikt!

Dana_Tillusz

To post a game for Chewsday Challenge please quote this reply and fill in the relevant information

GAME TITLE:
TEACHER:
START TIME:
DURATION: your best estimate of how long it will take (if it takes longer with more people or if you are going to take extra time to teach it etc.)
# OF PLAYERS:
URL: Copy and past the URL from Board Game Geek here
Snikt!

bboileau

I will be bringing Cthulhu Wars again!

GAME TITLE: Cthulhu Wars
TEACHER: bboileau
START TIME: 8:30
DURATION: 90 mins
URL: https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/139976/cthulhu-wars

Dana_Tillusz and silent_rob want to be signed up.
Here is my collection, trades, and wishlist on bgg if something should peak your interest!

R Newell

I'll sign up for that, too.   I need to defend my elder god title.

craftybernardo

Quote from: Dana_Tillusz on March 05, 2015, 07:25:46 PM

GAME TITLE: Mage Knight
TEACHER: Brent (craftybernardo)
DURATION: 180 minutes
# OF PLAYERS: 3
URL: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/96848/mage-knight-board-game

In the interest of time I am capping it at 3 players.  Please sign up craftybernardo and cappyzed, room for 1 more.

R Newell

It's awesome to see Mage Knight make its way to CC.   :excited  Great game.

Are you either of you quite familiar with it?  I can't participate because I've got Cthulhu Wars at 8:30, but I could help you guys set up and go through the rules if you think that would be helpful.  I've played it over 50 times so have got it down (except for elements like PvP combat, which I've never bothered with).

craftybernardo

Quote from: R Newell on June 09, 2015, 08:20:54 AM
It's awesome to see Mage Knight make its way to CC.   :excited  Great game.

Are you either of you quite familiar with it?  I can't participate because I've got Cthulhu Wars at 8:30, but I could help you guys set up and go through the rules if you think that would be helpful.  I've played it over 50 times so have got it down (except for elements like PvP combat, which I've never bothered with).

Damien has played once and I have played 4 solo conquests but have yet to actually come close to beating the cities,  my major issue right now is how to handle fights with multiple enemies (such as the cities).  Not planning on playing with pvp as I think that would just muddle things and make it less enjoyable for all.  Was thinking of doing the mines scenario (need to flag all the crystal mines) as they don't seem nearly as daunting a fight as the cities.

R Newell

I think that would be a good call for an intro scenario.  The cities are daunting for beginners.

craftybernardo

Quote from: R Newell on June 09, 2015, 09:12:35 AM
I think that would be a good call for an intro scenario.  The cities are daunting for beginners.

I will have to pick your brain a bit that night  :nw

Lori

I'm bringing out my latest Kickstarter game, Dead Men Tell No Tales, a pirate themed co-op where players loot a burning ship, fight skeletons and try to escape before the whole thing blows up.  Fun and mayhem to be enjoyed by all!

GAME TITLE: Dead Men Tell No Tales
TEACHER: Lori
DURATION: 90 mins
# OF PLAYERS: 2-5