Prairie Game eXpo - Core Ritchie Centre - Saturday, June 28th, 2014 (9:00am)

Started by Dana_Tillusz, March 25, 2014, 09:55:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gvpackrat

CappyZed

coalar

Dana_Tillusz

Snikt!

BaronEvergrace

Hey all,

I think I'm going to be bringing a couple of newer gamers to the event. They've played a fair selection of games, but they are interested in playing Eclipse. I understand that there is going to be a scheduled event running for it, but I would hate to subject more experienced players to newbies unless they are up for that. As well, I fear that the expansions might be a bit much for them. I've actually never played anything other than a human vs. human game, without expansions, so even my experience with the game itself is limited.

If anyone would be interested in running such a game, let me know! :) I unfortunately don't own a copy of the game yet. :( Probably will purchase at the beginning of July with a refreshed pay cheque. :P

BaronEvergrace

Justin Thorpe and I would be interested in partaking in the Ticket To Ride tourney!
Thanks!

Dana_Tillusz

Quote from: BaronEvergrace on June 23, 2014, 01:28:22 PM
Hey all,

I think I'm going to be bringing a couple of newer gamers to the event. They've played a fair selection of games, but they are interested in playing Eclipse. I understand that there is going to be a scheduled event running for it, but I would hate to subject more experienced players to newbies unless they are up for that. As well, I fear that the expansions might be a bit much for them. I've actually never played anything other than a human vs. human game, without expansions, so even my experience with the game itself is limited.

If anyone would be interested in running such a game, let me know! :) I unfortunately don't own a copy of the game yet. :( Probably will purchase at the beginning of July with a refreshed pay cheque. :P

I've asked DCStyles to respond, but his post says it's a teaching game. I've taught this game to a lot of people and the expansion doesn't really make the game more difficult. I think it's safe for newbies to sign up and play. PGX is a friendly learning environment. Don't be shy.
Snikt!

BaronEvergrace

I've asked DCStyles to respond, but his post says it's a teaching game. I've taught this game to a lot of people and the expansion doesn't really make the game more difficult. I think it's safe for newbies to sign up and play. PGX is a friendly learning environment. Don't be shy.

Awesome, thanks for the info! I'll let them know and then see if they wish to sign up. :)

Dana_Tillusz

Just a note for anyone who hasn't attended one of our ChewsDay Challenge or PGX events: We encourage you to sign up for games you've never played before.
Snikt!

DCStyles

Hi there, yes Eclipse is beginner friendly.  I've taught it quite a few times and I have some good cheat sheets to help new players.  The expansion doesn't really add any more rules, just extra content.

-Derek
My collection of board games:  http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/chowman13     Feel free to request something and I'll bring it out!