Kickstarter Corner

Started by NeikeDjour, January 31, 2014, 01:09:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lori

The Exodus expansion from NSKN games:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/nskn-ludibooster/exodus-edge-of-extinction-forge-your-space-empire

QuoteThe original Exodus: Proxima Centauri was a distinguishable entry among other 4X games of the new wave, leaving its unique mark on the gaming world. Now we want to expand both the gaming and the narrative aspect of Exodus with Exodus: Edge of Extinction – a worthy expansion to an epic space strategy.

Lead one of six unique, fully developed and beautifully illustrated factions with their own histories, strengths, unique special abilities and a set of new, exclusive technologies.

Exodus: the Edge of Extinction is a an expansion worthy of the base game, introducing asymmetric powers and new game play options to the critically acclaimed Exodus: Proxima Centauri Revised Edition. Bigger fleets, custom action cards, novel technologies and completely new mechanisms like the Combat Cards add a whole new layer to the spectrum of strategies already available in the base game.

Lareina

Lori

Stronghold games just started this one for Space-Cadets: Away Missions

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/strongholdgames/space-cadets-away-missions/

QuoteSpace Cadets: Away Missions is a cooperative, scenario-based, tactical action game set in the Golden Age of science fiction. In this game, the third standalone title in the Space Cadets franchise of cooperative/team space-themed games from Stronghold Games, players take on the roles of adventurous human spacemen ("Rocketeers") who explore UFOs, acquire alien technology and fight hordes of hostile extraterrestrials.

Each turn, Rocketeers spend action points on activities such as firing atomic rifles, analyzing exotic equipment, or subduing the malicious Brain-in-a-Jar. When the Rocketeers are finished, the Aliens take their turns by following simple movement and combat protocols. Seven types of hostile Aliens threaten the Rocketeers, from the repulsive Mind Leeches to the rampaging titanic Sentinels.

Space Cadets: Away Missions has scenarios linked in a campaign story arc. These "Away Missions" are set at various locations, feature different combinations of Aliens, and have diverse objectives for the Rocketeers to achieve. Hexagonal map tiles are arranged to form the locations, such as flying saucers, rocket ships, space stations, etc. Cooperation, tactical planning and a bit of luck are essential if the Rocketeers are to overcome the relentless horde of little green men!

In Space Cadets:Away Missions, Scenario Tiles and Scenario Tile Markers provide the Rocketeers with additional challenges and views of the danger. When the threat is subdued, the Tile Marker is removed, revealing the devastation left after combat.

NeikeDjour

QuoteConan is a miniature-based board game that pits one player, the overlord, who controls hordes of savage tribesmen, no-good lowlifes and undead minions against 1 to 4 players who incarnate the legendary Conan and his fellow adventurers. The gameplay is asymetric, as the overlord possesses a large selection of models and objectives which are his own, whereas the brave heroes are played from a first person perspective, much like in a role playing game. An adventure can be played out in 1 hour on one of the beautiful game boards (depicting iconic locations of Howard's immersive Hyborian world) as you pit your wits, daring and tactical acumen against your opponent

Let me know if you want to me to bring out a specific game: Game List

NeikeDjour

NeikeDjour

QuoteYou are an intrepid researcher, unearthing words man was not meant to spell...As you seek out these baleful words, the evil Hounds of Tindalos lurk in every corner. You have five totems to Cthulhu to protect you from lunacy, so hold on to them tightly. Find words as long as you dare, careful not to lose your tender grip on your sanity.

Unspeakable Words™ is the Call of Cthulhu Word Game designed by James Ernest and Mike Selinker. In the game, you and your opponents will attempt to form words from the letter cards in your hand. Each letter is worth points – the amount of points is determined by the number of angles in the letter (where the hounds of Tindalos are lurking!). You may try to make the highest scoring word possible, but... you'll have to test the strength of the word against a roll of the 20-sided die. Roll equal to or higher than the value of your word and you're safe... but roll less than the value of your word and you lose a precious piece of your sanity, represented by an adorable Cthulhu pawn!

Each letter is uniquely illustrated with a horrifying character from the works of H.P. Lovecraft, which adds to the dark whimsy of the game.

Cordawg

I might back  space cadets and unspeakable words

NeikeDjour

QuoteExploding Kittens is a highly strategic kitty-powered version of Russian Roulette.  Players take turns drawing cards until someone draws an exploding kitten and loses the game.  The deck is made up of cards that let you avoid exploding by peeking at cards before you draw, forcing your opponent to draw multiple cards, or shuffling the deck.

The game gets more and more intense with each card you draw because fewer cards left in the deck means a greater chance of drawing the kitten and exploding in a fiery ball of feline hyperbole.

NeikeDjour

Most funded card game on Kickstarter... because exploding kittens and The Oatmeal. Haha.
In one day they made 2 million dollars. o_o;

I'm getting a copy...

Cordawg

Ok I backed the unspeakable words if anyone wants in I can add more copy's to the order and  who can say no to cute little cthulhu figures