Chewsday Challenge - North Albert Boston Pizza - February 11, 2014 (18:00)

Started by Dana_Tillusz, January 08, 2014, 09:03:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cordawg

DCStyles

I will bring Lords of Waterdeep with the Undermountain expansion at 6:30, plays 2 to 6 people in about 90 min.  If there's interest I will run a game with the Skullport expansion after.
My collection of board games:  http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/chowman13     Feel free to request something and I'll bring it out!

ChadBoudreau

If time allows, I'd like to run two scenarios of The Cowboys. The first will be a bank robbery or maybe a jail break. But for the second I want to do an old-fashioned meet-in-the-street shoot-out. The game has an interesting mechanic for who gets the drop-- i.e. who has the fastest draw. It will be interesting to see who survives the initial salvo, with the survivors needing to decide if they run for cover or hold their ground and go out in a blaze of glory. It will be a scenario in which only those with grit-- true grit-- avoid a trip to Boot Hill.

Marc Bendig

I had a lot of fun with Nation last week, so I'm going to run it again, 6:30, 4 players, 75 minutes to judge by last time.

Lareina

This is what happens when I make plans too early, Chris and I have to bow out of Shadows over Camelot, have a family function to attend. Sorry!

omegadirective

omegadirective

I am also going to bring Power Grid: Japan

6 players, 90 minutes, 830 start time.

omegadirective

After I play Japan, I will have played all 18 boards for Power Grid! Love that game so much! lol

ChadBoudreau

Waterdeep, the City of Splendors – the most resplendent jewel in the Forgotten Realms, and a den of political intrigue and shady back-alley dealings. In this game, the players are powerful lords vying for control of this great city. Its treasures and resources are ripe for the taking, and that which cannot be gained through trickery and negotiation must be taken by force!

In Lords of Waterdeep, a strategy board game for 2-5 players, you take on the role of one of the masked Lords of Waterdeep, secret rulers of the city. Through your agents, you recruit adventurers to go on quests on your behalf, earning rewards and increasing your influence over the city. Expand the city by purchasing new buildings that open up new actions on the board, and hinder – or help – the other lords by playing Intrigue cards to enact your carefully laid plans.

During the course of play, you may gain points or resources through completing quests, constructing buildings, playing intrigue cards or having other players utilize the buildings you have constructed. At the end of 8 rounds of play, the player who has accrued the most points wins the game.

Cordawg

Something has come up  cant make it that night so take me off the two games I signed up for