Prairie Game eXpo – Core Ritchie Community Centre - Sat., Jan. 25, 2014

Started by ChadBoudreau, December 16, 2013, 06:43:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin Dearborn

I know there are lots of games to sign up for, just wanted to let people know that I will be out with my daughter Amanda (11 years old) and we will be set up somewhere playing games all day. I will be bringing out mostly lighter, family and newbie friendly games.

I am running a couple of games; Descent at 9:30 and Legendary at 1:30 but otherwise we will be just playing whatever interests us at the time, so come and find us if you are looking for those types of games.

A few that we will be bringing out:

Guildhall
Coloretto
Saboteur
Survive: Escape from Atlantis
Libertalia
Love Letter
Cockroach Poker
Undermining

PS: Ryan N

I will bring out Lords of Scotland if you want another play.

R Newell

Dana_Tillusz

:excited  :excited :scrab-p :scrab-r :scrab-i :scrab-z :scrab-e  :scrab-d :scrab-r :scrab-a :scrab-w :scrab-s   :excited  :excited

ComicReaders will be giving a few door prizes out during the day.

If you sign our log book you are eligible to win the following:

First draw is the early bird draw at 11:45am:

And since Stephan Feld is big at our events we will do a draw at 8:00pm for:

And we have two Family Packs from our friends at Laser Quest to give out during the day.

Note: You do not need to be in attendance to qualify--if you've attended and have signed the guest book you will be eligible. If you have added a phone # or email address we will contact you. BUT if we draw your name and you are not in attendance we will redraw if you did not leave your contact info.
Snikt!

Tempest

Quote from: ChadBoudreau on January 24, 2014, 03:52:48 PM
Sleepy Dragon-- I think we're good. I've got an Underground at home we can use.

I don't think underground will work since the map, races and powers are all different and you can actually score a bit higher in that one.

Also, I wanted to make a separate note that I'll be teaching Galaxy Trucker at 11 AM and Lords of Waterdeep at 3 PM.

If for some reason, there isn't enough interest a Small World Tournament, I might bring some other games as back up. I'd really like to get Ikusa out, or maybe Talisman.
Got a request for a game, check out this link right here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/t_shak I'd be more than glad to bring any of these out to play.

Mike.L

regarding the canteen, and foodstuffs - can we bring our own food in, or is there a "no outside food/drink policy" like at fragcon?

Bix Conners

Quote from: Mike.L on January 24, 2014, 05:55:56 PM
regarding the canteen, and foodstuffs - can we bring our own food in, or is there a "no outside food/drink policy" like at fragcon?

Hey Mike.
There is no outside food or beverage permitted. We sincerely hope everyone supports the canteen at this event.

Not only is the event free to attend, but the canteen is being run by a charitable organization and all sales are going to help fund a very worthwhile organization in their mission to do good in the community.

Have a look at the awesome menu they providing:
http://sask.games/index.php?topic=3337.0

Hope that makes sense and you understand about the food & beverage policy.
NEW ChewsDay Challenge Website - Community.PwYF.ca
We encourage you to sign up on the new site and get settled in.

Prince of Arnheim

ChadBoudreau

QuoteI don't think underground will work since the map, races and powers are all different and you can actually score a bit higher in that one.

Ha! Good point, Tempest. Not sure what I was thinking.

If we don't have enough Small Worlds for groups of 3, we'll increase it to groups of 4. We'll find a way to make it work.

ChadBoudreau

QuoteI know there are lots of games to sign up for, just wanted to let people know that I will be out with my daughter Amanda (11 years old) and we will be set up somewhere playing games all day.

Breton and Lochlan are going to attend 1 - 4. If Breton doesn't want to play with me and Lochlan the whole time I'll send him over to you, Colin, to see what you're up to. He remembers you (and Alex) and I believe he has met Amanda before. On the flip side, I'll ask Amanda if she wants to join us. We're bringing Magic Labyrinth, Monster Factory, King of Tokyo, and Get Bit.

RobertP

Quote from: squalie on January 24, 2014, 12:02:33 PM
I've made a decision to move our Warhammer Fantasy crew to the expo event.  If we could find room for another 6-8 guys that would be awesome.

We will bring terrain, etc.
I will be there too!

Games will be played at 2500 or 1250 points.  You need your own army and 8th edition knowledge of the rule set is a must.  All players are welcome! This will be a come and go starting shortly after 9am.