Warhammer Fantasy Escalation League Tournament: ComicReaders Downtown: Oct. 20

Started by Lareina, September 30, 2013, 10:35:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobertP

I thought the same thing.  The only reasonable explanation is that the original parts are infused with magic.  (Magic explains everything!)

Lareina

Thanks to everyone that came out!

Best General: Justin - Bretonnia
Best Combined: Chris - Vampire Counts
Best Sportsman: Mark - Warriors of Chaos
Best Painted: Robert - Empire

Pictures will be posted when I get a chance to pull them off my phone and then send them to Chad.

Next ComicReaders Escalation League: Warhammer 40k in January 2014
Next ComicReaders Fantasy Escalation League: July 2014

Player's league starting up pretty soon, so please visit this thread for discussion: http://sask.games/index.php?topic=3012.0

Mark

Was a blast thank you to all my opponents and everyone else for the great day of wargaming! now to get ready for some 40k and re-work the warriors for next season(and do some bases)

Yolanka

Tournament was loads of fun.  Thanks to everyone for coming out and making it such an enjoyable event again.  Also thanks to Lareina for volunteering her day to organize everything and take pictures.  Looking forward to seeing them once they're posted.

Round 1 was vs Mark's Chaos - a back and forth bloodbath that could have gone either way had it not been for Blood and Glory.  Screaming at a squad with double Doom & Darkness and an Aura of Dark Majesty nearby (-7 Ld total) with a BSB and banner in it was the anti-climactic finish to this game.

Round 2 was against Allan's High Elves.  Could've been a totally different game had we gotten a few more turns in.  When time was called he had just managed to kill my dragon, but the lord remained intact.  The varghulf held his own for once against a couple smaller cav squads while the vargheists and terrorgheists killed a couple core squads and his icy phoenix.

Round 3 was against Justin's Bretonnian champions in one of the most heart-pounding, back and forth matches I've ever played.  Absolutely everything seemed like a critical moment right from turn one where I made my lord's 4+ ward against a trebuchet's boulder.  In the end it was meant to be a Breton victory as Justin destroyed an entire squad of vargheists with a single lightning bolt! (d6 str6 hits + d6 str4 hits and he dealt 9 wounds), I failed to cast a healing spell on 6 dice!, and Justin made round after round after round of 5+ armour/ward saves on his unkillable grail knights.  Had those last 3 models actually died, we would've tied by 3 points!
Seeing Justin refuse to roll below a 4 for the last turn and a half was a little frustrating, but still a fantastic finish where every dice was rolled with our breaths held, hoping the scales would tip just that LITTLE bit in our favour.

Congrats again to Justin for coming in first, and to Rob and Mark for winning best painted and sportsmanship. 

Prince of Arnheim

I think it would be cool to see all the standings from the tournament so everyone can see how they did....

Lareina

Quote from: Prince of Arnheim on October 21, 2013, 03:24:17 PM
I think it would be cool to see all the standings from the tournament so everyone can see how they did....

Posted, I just noticed I had the incorrect name for one of the winners but the numbers were correct. Go me.

Crushing victory = 10
Victory = 8
Draw = 5
Loss = 2
Crushing Loss = 0

Nathan and Devin could not play in the 3rd round, thus the 0s for them and no result, in the 3rd round it should have been Nathan vs Allan and Robert vs Devin.

Prince of Arnheim

Would be cool to see the painting and sportsman votes too....unless....that must be kept secret :o

Lareina

Quote from: Prince of Arnheim on October 22, 2013, 03:45:26 PM
Would be cool to see the painting and sportsman votes too....unless....that must be kept secret :o

Sportsman will be kept secret.

Painting: Rob 4, Mark and Allan both at 2