Chewsday Challenge - North Albert Boston Pizza - March 19th, 2013 (18:00)

Started by Dana_Tillusz, February 24, 2013, 02:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dana_Tillusz

*** ChewsDay Challenge ***
Brought to you by

...and...

What: ChewsDay Challenge Boardgame Night.
Where: Boston Pizza, North Albert Street (Regina)
When: Every ChewsDay Night.
Who: Anyone interested in playing boardgames.
Why: Life is Short; Play Games!

THIS WEEK'S EVENT AMBASSADOR: Matt Robertson
THIS WEEK'S GAME HOST: Bryce Robinson
THIS WEEK'S FEATURE GAME: Maori

:excited :scrab-g :scrab-a :scrab-m :scrab-e :scrab-blank :scrab-s :scrab-c :scrab-h :scrab-e :scrab-d :scrab-u :scrab-l :scrab-i :scrab-n :scrab-g  :excited
GAME: Maori
TEACHER: Bryce Robinson
START TIME: 6:30
DURATION: 30 minutes
PLAYERS...
1. qwijybo
2. CppyZed
3. Becksta Joy
4. Marc Bendig

GAME: Jamaica
TEACHER: Dana Tillusz
START TIME: 8:30
DURATION: 75-90 minutes
PLAYERS...
1. Dana Tillusz
2. qwijybo
3. Bellis
4. Logan Drydale

GAME: Talisman
TEACHER: Tempest
START TIME: 6:30
DURATION: 240 - 360 Minutes
PLAYERS...
1. Tempest
2. Cordawg
3. Stine
4. Baerik
5. ezdz
6. Shane

If you would like to schedule a game. Please post in this event thread with the following information:
Name of the game, when you would like to start, The duration of the game, and the number of players it can accommodate.
Snikt!

Dana_Tillusz

The players explore the islands of Polynesia. The winner is the player who scores the most points from putting tiles on his display. Palms, huts, shells, and boats on the tiles influence the scoring. It can be played with 2 to 5 players.
Snikt!

Dana_Tillusz

Jamaica

In 1675, after a long career in piracy, Henry Morgan skillfully gets appointed Governor of Jamaica, with the explicit order to cleanse the Caribbean of pirates and buccaneers !

Instead, he invites all of his former "colleagues" and comrades-in-arms to join him in his retirement, so they can enjoy the fruits of their looting in all impunity.

Each year, in remembrance of the "good old days", Morgan organizes the Great Challenge, a race around the island, and at its end the Captain with the most gold in his holds is declared Grand Winner.
Snikt!

Baerik

ChadBoudreau

Baerik and Stine, you are now signed up for Diamonds Club and Jamaica.

Diamonds Club is now full, folks.

Tempest

I think for this night I'd like to host Talisman at 6:30. I don't think there's a set maximum of players, but I think 4-6 is the optimal number range. It's an adventure style board game that's ultimately player-versus-player, although there can be co-operative elements as well. The game length can vary, depending on circumstances and how many people play; I'd say 3-4 hours. I'll be using the quickplay rules to try and shave some time off.
Got a request for a game, check out this link right here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/t_shak I'd be more than glad to bring any of these out to play.

Cordawg

Can I drop out of  diamonds club and then sign up for talisman please and thank you

Cory

Jeff Haubrich

"Life is a game, boy. Life is a game that one plays according to the rules."