Feature Friday - Southside Pentecostal Assembly - Friday, October 20, 2023

Started by Allan Luesink, October 10, 2023, 11:16:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allan Luesink

Hi everyone,

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving enjoying time spent with family and eating good food. The weather was fantastic. It's too bad that autumn is such a short season; it really is a great time of the year.

The Feature Game for October is going to be a little known but really good area control game called Kreta. Players use different character cards to bring in and move pieces around the Greek island of Crete so as to give them influence in the provinces on the island. Each player has an identical set of characters, and each character controls certain pieces which have different abilities and limitations in the game. By smart use of characters and clever timing, players try to have the scoring occur when they have the most influence in a region so as to gain more VPs than their opposition.

Kreta is a special game for me. It was one of the first area-control games I ever played but more importantly, it was the vehicle that led me making some great friends. Of course, as always, this is just one of the games that will be available to be played.

!!! If you have a game you'd like to play and draw some attention to, feel free to volunteer for future Feature Game slots. Just drop me a note at feature_friday@hotmail.com.

Feature Friday meets at Southside Pentecostal Assembly (41 Birchwood Rd) from 7pm to midnight. There is parking and an entrance at the back of the building. A snack table will be set up so feel free to contribute a drink or something to munch on. And feel free to bring along friends (and to forward this invite).

Hope you'll be there,

Allan

Allan Luesink

Curious? Want to know more? Here is a great video explaining how the game works: