Meeple Monday - South Albert Western Pizza - November 6, 2023 (17:00)

Started by Meeple Monday, September 05, 2023, 12:54:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meeple Monday

Meeple Monday
Western Pizza - 3847 Albert Street
5:00 PM - 10:00 PM

The space is available starting at 5:00PM. Come early! Eat, then play! Most gaming begins at 6:00PM or 6:30PM.

IT'S PRIZE DRAW NIGHT!
Up for grabs is a $25 Western Pizza gift certificate and a $25 Comic Readers gift certificate!
You must be present to win!
When you attend a Meeple Monday you will automatically be entered to win.
If you post on the forum (post a game, sign up for a game, or just let us know you're coming), you will get an extra entry to win.

:scrab-g :scrab-a :scrab-m :scrab-e :scrab-blank :scrab-s :scrab-c :scrab-h :scrab-e :scrab-d :scrab-u :scrab-l :scrab-i :scrab-n :scrab-g

GAME: Castles of Burgundy
TEACHER: WendyJ
START TIME: 6:30
DURATION: 90-120 mins
# OF PLAYERS:4
1. WendyJ

GAME: Kremlin (Third Edition)
TEACHER: PhotoJim
START TIME: 6:15 setup, 6:30 start
DURATION: 120
# OF PLAYERS: 6
1. PhotoJim
2. Parry
3. LeifTheNut
4. Sara

GAME: Root
TEACHER: Dyson
START TIME: 6:30
DURATION: 2 hours
# OF PLAYERS: 4
1. Dyson
2. Duncan
3. NeikeDjour

GAME: Apiary
TEACHER: Lori
START TIME: set up 6:15 then 6:30 game start
DURATION: 120 mins?
# of PLAYERS: 4
1. Lori
2. Julio
3. John Stone
4. Laurie

GAME: Unpublished Prototype
TEACHER:  Chad Boudreau
START TIME:  7:00pm
DURATION: 60 minutes
# OF PLAYERS: 4
1. Chad B
2. Mark M (please confirm)
3. praireguy
4. John E

Hashtags: #Sask_Games  #MondayMeeples

Meeple Monday

To post a game for Meeple Monday, please quote this reply and fill in the relevant information

GAME:
TEACHER:
START TIME:
DURATION: your best time estimate in minutes (account for teaching time)
# OF PLAYERS:
URL: Copy and paste the URL from Board Game Geek here

ChadBoudreau

Some of you eagle-eyed attendees at the October 30 Meeple Monday may have noticed Dana, Dyson, Steve, and I were playing what looked like a prototype game. Well, it was a prototype. Designed by Dana. Dyson encouraged him to bring it out. (We also played Dyson's very enjoyable game, which he co-published a few years ago. I'd encourage him to bring it out again, too).

Anyway, I proposed to Dana that he lend me his game and that I run it at the November 6 Meeple Monday. I'd use his rulebook to teach the game, and I'd hand select some seasoned gamers to give it a whirl. I'd provide feedback on the rulebook and get feedback from the players. Ideally, we'd get two games in that evening.

I'd like to invite Mark M, John S, and John E to join me. We'd start at 7pm. Please confirm.

I am selecting the two John's because I know they like their card-driven games. I'm selecting Mark because he's a seasoned gamer with a lot of experience with a lot of different games.

Lori

I talked about Apiary to John S and mentioned I'd bring it this week but I'm not sure if he was coming out so he'll have to confirm. And, now he has another option with Chad too!

GAME: Apiary
TEACHER: Lori
START TIME: set up 6:15 then 6:30 game start
DURATION: 120 mins?
# of PLAYERS: 4
1. Lori
2. Julio
3. John Stone

Dr. Memphis

Cheerful_Rooster

I'll join Apiary if there is still room. 

ChadBoudreau

I've removed John S from the Prototype Game list so he is free for Apiary.

ChadBoudreau

For Dana's Prototype Game (Gods & Monsters), I'm looking for 2 more people interested in a playtest. I should say the game has been playtested many times. This particular test is a test of the rulebook as I'll be using the rulebook to teach the game instead of Dana teaching it. I could even take on a third player and I'll simply teach the game and record feedback.

ChadBoudreau

PhotoJim

GAME: Kremlin
TEACHER: PhotoJim
START TIME: 6:15 setup, 6:30 start
DURATION: 120
# OF PLAYERS: 6
URL: Kremlin (Third Edition)

1. PhotoJim
2. Parry

Loyal comrades only! Else Siberia for you! :)
Avidly gaming since 1972.