Prairie Game eXpo - REGINA SHRINE CLUB - Saturday Feb. 17, 2024 (10 am) FREE!!

Started by Dana_Tillusz, September 05, 2023, 11:12:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChadBoudreau

Local game designer Colter Hahn is bringing Crokinole Cards to Prairie Game Expo. Crokinole Cards introduces two new ways to play Crokinole. The first is a series of solitaire challenges. The second is a multiplayer, last-player-standing elimination. Colter will arrive at 10:00am and will be at the event until 12:00pm to teach you Crokinole Cards. He is bringing Crokinole boards and discs.

There is no need to sign up in advance but if you are interested in Crokinole Cards please respond to this post so he gets a sense of the amount of interest.

GAME: Crokinole Cards
ORGANIZER: Colter Hahn
TIME: 10:00am to 12:00pm; demos and play sessions throughout that 2-hour timespan
DURATION: 30 minute intervals
PLAYERS: Not applicable

NeikeDjour

The Crokinole Cards sounds interesting, I'll probably check it out at some point
Let me know if you want to me to bring out a specific game: Game List

ChadBoudreau

Two more locally designed games will be at Prairie Game Expo: Dastardly Drivers and Crimewave.

As per the designer, Dastardly Drivers is basically Mario Kart as a card game. Players race around a modular track, playing cards to determine their movement, while avoiding obstacles and activating items to help them out.

Here is the description for Crimewave: "Denton City. A haven for some, a nightmare for others. Despite the police's best efforts to keep control, crime is on the rise. The opportunity is here: it's time for you to run this town, but you aren't the only one trying to do so. If you keep yourself safe and your enemies at bay, the city will be yours..."

GAME: Dastardly Drivers
ORGANIZER: Tyler G
TIME: 10:00am; demos and play sessions throughout the day
DURATION: 60 minute intervals
PLAYERS: 6

GAME: Crimewave
ORGANIZER: David
TIME: 10:00am; demos and play sessions throughout the day
DURATION: 60 minute intervals
PLAYERS: 6

TyGr

I can add for Crimewave that it is a hidden information card game with a "draw a card, play a card" mechanic. You try to conceal what your card is while playing a card to learn or eliminate other players to earn points. You can also earn a point by surviving until the draw deck is empty and having the highest value card.

We are excited to show off both Crimewave and Dastardly Drivers!

Dana_Tillusz

We are now looking for people to schedule games, demo games, and any volunteers that can help with the registration table.

Sign up for the Cascadia tournament is now open. If you signed up in October please sign up again. Thanks!
Snikt!

Dana_Tillusz

We are looking for people who can demo Scout, Flamecraft, Cartographers and The Crew (either one).

Or if you'd like to demo another game please let me know.
Snikt!

NeikeDjour

Let me know if you want to me to bring out a specific game: Game List

Lori

Lareina

Chris and I are in for the Cascadia tournament. We can also provide one copy.

CloudheadDuncan

up, up, down, down, B, A, Select, Start