Feature Friday - Southside Pentecostal Assembly - Friday, May 19, 2023

Started by Allan Luesink, May 11, 2023, 10:27:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allan Luesink

Hi everyone,

I'm back. Last month's game day was a bit unusual in that it was the first time I was "hosting" while not even being on the continent. I had a surprise opportunity to spend a month in Greece during April. I want to thank all those who attended in April and especially to Dwayne, Caleb, and Elijah for stepping in and keeping Feature Friday going while I was gone.

For May's feature game (next week already!) it'll be the 2005 classic train game Railroad Tycoon. Rebranded as Railways of the World in 2009 (after the license to the name expired), this game continues to be very popular with expansions still being released.

Players take on the role of the Train Barons in a young United States during the early days of the Age of Steam. Each player begins with a locomotive (the venerable John Bull, the first locomotive to run in North America) and a vision (your Tycoon "mission" card). From there, you will build your budding railroad network into a vast empire. Connect New York to Chicago, earn the most money, develop bigger and faster locomotives as you seek to tap into the vast resources of the North American continent!

!!! If you have a game you'd like to play and draw some attention to, feel free to volunteer for future Feature Game slots. Just drop me a note at feature_friday@hotmail.com.

Feature Friday meets at Southside Pentecostal Assembly (41 Birchwood Rd) from 7pm to midnight.  There is parking and an entrance at the back of the building. A snack table will be set up so feel free to contribute a drink or something to munch on.  And feel free to bring along friends (and to forward this invite).

Hope you'll be there,

Allan