Feature Friday - Southside Pentecostal Assembly - Friday, April 21, 2023

Started by Allan Luesink, April 05, 2023, 11:17:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allan Luesink

Hi everyone,

It's April and that means spring and the classic rite of spring - MORE hockey. Yes, the NHL play-offs are upon us and the annual dash for temporary immortality and Lord Stanley's Cup is on. So why not join briefly in the spirit of the season and play a game with a hockey theme?

Power Play is a deck-building game in which you to look recruit the best attackers, the best defenders, the best skills, and the best maneuver cards. Each card you add to your team will build upon the strategy you have chosen. Soon your team will act like a well-oiled machine and you'll be ready to take a shot on goal. If you can beat the goalie, you score a point! The player who scores the most points wins. Games typically end with "hockey scores" like 4-3.

Power Play is quick game so once you've won the "cup", be sure to "celebrate" into the off-season by enjoying some R&R and play one of the many other games that will be available.

!!! If you have a game you'd like to play and draw some attention to, feel free to volunteer for future Feature Game slots. Just drop me a note at feature_friday@hotmail.com.

Feature Friday meets at Southside Pentecostal Assembly (41 Birchwood Rd) from 7pm to midnight.  There is parking and an entrance at the back of the building. A snack table will be set up so feel free to contribute a drink or something to munch on.  And feel free to bring along friends (and to forward this invite).

Hope you'll be there,

Allan

ChadBoudreau

I will be attending Feature Friday. I went to my first one in March and enjoyed it.