Feature Friday - Southside Pentecostal Assembly - Friday, March 17, 2023

Started by Allan Luesink, March 06, 2023, 02:32:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allan Luesink

Hi everyone,

I'm sure that many of you have a game that falls onto the "I've-heard-good-things-about/I-really-need-to-give-that-one-a-try" list. For me, Scythe is one of those games. Ever since it's release in 2016, Scythe has been consistently showing up on people's Top Ten Favourite Games list.

Scythe is a game set in Eastern Europe during an alternate-history, circa 1920s. In Scythe, each player represents a character from one of five unique factions who are attempting to earn their fortune and claim a stake in the land around the mysterious city-state, The Factory. Players conquer territory, enlist new recruits, reap resources, gain villagers, build structures, and activate monstrous mechs in their pursuit of becoming the preeminent faction of the land.

!!! If you have a game you'd like to play and draw some attention to, feel free to volunteer for future Feature Game slots. Just drop me a note at feature_friday@hotmail.com.

Feature Friday meets at Southside Pentecostal Assembly (41 Birchwood Rd) from 7pm to midnight.  There is parking and an entrance at the back of the building. A snack table will be set up so feel free to contribute a drink or something to munch on.  And feel free to bring along friends (and to forward this invite).

Hope you'll be there,

Allan