Meeple Monday - South Albert Western Pizza - May 29, 2023 (17:00)

Started by Meeple Monday, February 21, 2023, 08:37:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChadBoudreau

Mark, John Stone and Dyson:

It was bugging me how Legendary: Big Trouble in Little China whooped us both times we attempted it. So last night I set up the game to play single-hand solo. I used the same heroes, Mastermind, Scheme, etc. When you play solo you add one less Villain Group and a few less Bystanders to the Villain deck.

I won.

I really focused on getting fight cards and tried to get rid of Villains when they appeared.

I was fortunate that there were a lot of fight cards for me to buy early whereas in our game we had more purchase power cards, I think.

I sent Sorcerer Lo Pan packing. I had 5 Bystanders in the KO/Escape pile.

John Stone

Quote from: ChadBoudreau on June 02, 2023, 03:24:22 PMMark, John Stone and Dyson:

It was bugging me how Legendary: Big Trouble in Little China whooped us both times we attempted it. So last night I set up the game to play single-hand solo. I used the same heroes, Mastermind, Scheme, etc. When you play solo you add one less Villain Group and a few less Bystanders to the Villain deck.

I won.

I really focused on getting fight cards and tried to get rid of Villains when they appeared.

I was fortunate that there were a lot of fight cards for me to buy early whereas in our game we had more purchase power cards, I think.

I sent Sorcerer Lo Pan packing. I had 5 Bystanders in the KO/Escape pile.

Looks like focusing on fight cards early is the trick. I think 4 players worked against us also because so much happened on the board by the time the turn came back around to you. Welldone on the solo win!

ChadBoudreau

Quote from: John Stone on June 02, 2023, 03:29:53 PMLooks like focusing on fight cards early is the trick. I think 4 players worked against us also because so much happened on the board by the time the turn came back around to you. Welldone on the solo win!

Yes, the board was stacked against us by the time the first person got their 2nd turn. In theory, the villain deck is padded with bystanders and less powerful henchmen in a multiplayer game, but we didn't see that. We were getting pounded right from the get go.