Update: Chewsday Challenge & Covid 19

Started by Lori, June 14, 2020, 12:55:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lori

COVID-19 UPDATE: We continue to monitor the rules for social gatherings and the rules in place for restaurants, mixed gatherings and recommendations for physical distancing. Games with shared components and gamers from many households who move from table to table and sit in close proximity to each other are major factors in our event. This means that an event such as Chewsday Challenge is difficult to fit into the recommended physical distancing models that we would need operate under to ensure the safety of our membership.

For now, Chewsday Challenge will remain SUSPENDED and we will update again once we have plans to re-establish our event. Please be patient as we wait out these difficult times and continue to do our part to reduce community spread. We will be back as soon as it is safe for us to gather again. We miss all of you and hope that everyone stays safe and healthy at this time.

Please feel free to use the forums to chat with the community about the sorts of things you are doing to keep yourself occupied or to share any online gaming activities you're finding to help fill the time - especially if you're looking for players!

Thank you!

July 07/2021 Update:

Hi Everyone!

The exec has made the decision to resume Chewsday Challenge after Labour Day.

I know some of you will be disappointed, while others will be more comfortable with a longer buffer after restrictions have been lifted, but in the end we felt more confident with a September return.  We'll look to have a new schedule up by mid-August  and will let everyone know if we will have any changes to our protocols for our September start.

In the meantime, MikeMcC will be getting in touch with our ambassadors, so if you are a current ambassador please watch the staff section, or if you're interested in becoming an ambassador please reach out to Mike.

Thanks for your patience and enjoy your summer!

September 03/2021 Update:

Due to the rise in cases with the Delta variant, different comfort levels and the rush of everybody getting back to work and school, we have decided to set the official starting date of CC to Sept 28th, 2021.

Learn to play/ambassador scheduled games and the CC game bag will be unavailable until further notice, so we urge you to use the forums and plan your games for the night accordingly.

Look forward to the Sept 28th post to go up soon!

September 04/2021 Update:

The SaskGames Executive as well as Boston Pizza have been following the current situation closely.  Given the rising numbers of COVID cases and in consultation with Boston Pizza we have decided that we will NOT restart CHEWSDAY CHALLENGE at this time.

We know this is disappointing for everyone; we were all looking forward to getting back to gaming with friends in person. Until that can happen everyone stay safe.

December 30/2021 Update:

SaskGames Executive has checked in with Boston Pizza. Given the rising numbers of COVID cases because of the Omicron variant, we are still in 'Wait and See' mode. While we look forward to seeing everyone again, everyone's health and safety is of the utmost importance. The SaskGames Executive hopes that everyone had a great holiday and have a happy new year!

trimmer

Thanks for the update, Lori, I was wondering and suspect many other were too!

JRobot4

ChadBoudreau

Jescor

Thanks for the update, can't wait to get back, I miss playing boardgames

tlh878

Quote from: Jescor on June 22, 2020, 04:00:06 PM
Thanks for the update, can't wait to get back, I miss playing boardgames

me too!
I'm happy to bring out any game I own.  Link to my BGG list Let me know :)

standstrong4u

Thank you for the update.    I have an idea I would like to run by the committee especially if Chewsday Challenge is not starting up relatively soon.    It is a way to continue Tuesday gaming but doing it online.  If someone can contact me that would be great.

Lori

Quote from: standstrong4u on July 01, 2020, 09:17:15 PM
Thank you for the update.    I have an idea I would like to run by the committee especially if Chewsday Challenge is not starting up relatively soon.    It is a way to continue Tuesday gaming but doing it online.  If someone can contact me that would be great.

Rosemarie, you can send a private message to me and to MikeMcC.

Navem

Hello everyone! Looking forward to gaming again. Exec any updates? Personally I should get my second dose in a couple weeks and have good immunity by early July. If case counts remain low I'd be comfortable with coming out on Tuesday's but of course that is just my feelings and comfort level.

Carlos

Lori

Hi Carlos, great news about getting vaccinated, sounds like I'm on the same schedule as you!

No updates yet. We will need to be restriction-free in Saskatchewan before making decisions about Chewsday Challenge starting up again and of course we will need to work with Boston Pizza and any policies they may have in place regarding our return.

I urge everyone to get vaccinated, as that's the best path we have toward getting a re-start date. It will be so great to see everyone again!