Strategy Saturday - Argyle Road Baptist Church - Saturday, Jan. 8, 2011

Started by Allan Luesink, January 02, 2011, 09:00:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allan Luesink

Happy New Year all,

Welcome to 2011.  I hope you've all had a great holiday.  For me it has been a nice break of being with family and friends but now the New Year is here and it's back to reality - work and bills ... and Strategy Saturday!  Already the second weekend of the month is rushing in on us and it's time for January's games night.

If you have a game you'd like to teach others (maybe a Christmas gift, eh?) feel free to contact me and we'll see when it would work for you to do the Feature Game in the near future.

This month the Feature Game is In the Shadow of the Emperor.  It's game set in the late middle ages of Germany.  Players are seeking to establish dynastic families that will vie for control of the various political entities of the Holy Roman Empire with ultimate prize of sitting on the empire's throne.  This is a very cool game that has nobles and knights, princesses and bishops, political marriages and births, aging and death, all influencing the final outcome.

We'll be in the basement of Argyle Road Baptist Church (3510 Argyle Rd).  As usual we'll have our snack counter open so feel free to contribute a drink or something to munch on.  And feel free to bring along friends.

Feel free to use this thread to say if you're planning to attend and try and pre-arrange a game with others.

Hope to see you there,

Allan