Chewsday Challenge - North Albert Boston Pizza - July 12, 2016 (18:30)

Started by Lori, June 21, 2016, 03:57:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jilly

can we add Darrell B, my husband to Healthy heart Hospital too.

Lori

Quote from: jilly on July 11, 2016, 05:33:08 PM
can we add Darrell B, my husband to Healthy heart Hospital too.
All set.  Welcome to the forums!

Stardust

Meant to get this up sooner. Hopefully there's still interest!

GAME: Merchant's Dilemma
TEACHER: Stephen Kenny
START TIME: 8:30
DURATION: 30-60 minutes (~10 minutes per player)
# OF PLAYERS: 3-6

Since I designed this game myself, there is no BGG link, so here's a quick description.

Welcome to Merchant's Dilemma, a political game of cooperation and rivalry for 3-6 players.

In Merchant's Dilemma, you are playing as a merchant who must negotiate with your fellow players to gain gold. Will you cooperate and both profit, or will you compete to try and take the riches for yourself? The choice is up to you.

Each turn, you will choose to cooperate or compete with another player. Cooperation results in the biggest payout overall, if you both agree. Choosing to compete while they cooperate, however, will gain you more while they gain nothing. Hopefully they don't hold a grudge.

Invest in Buildings to expand your influence, or play Tactics to get revenge on your enemies, but be careful who you burn along the way. You might need them later if you hope to get ahead.

CdnPhoenix

RedBird

Please sign myself and my friend Katherine up for this tonight

RedBird

Sorry I'm still figuring this out, I meant merchants dilemma

RedBird

trimmer

Game Night Recap

Image by: Matt Robertson (Bixby) on BoardGameGeek

ATTENDANCE: 51

Games Played: Fresco, Imhotep, Ninja Dice, Maiori, Sheriff of Nottingham, Carcassonne, Animals on Board, Small World, Between Two Cities, The Resistance, The Godfather:the board game, Star Trek Panic, The Merchant's Dilemma, Suburbia, Dr. Eureka, Healthy Heart Hospital, Dominion, Red 7, Lords of Vegas

Announcements:
- Tonight was Games Design night and the featured game was Stephen Kenny's "Merchant's Dilemma."
- Many PWYF fundraisers are occurring throughout the summer including raffles and silent auctions. Contact Roxanne (roxy72), Joran, or Cory (Cordawg) regarding each respective fundraiser.
- A great way to get engaged in the board games community is to become a volunteer for SaskGames! There are a few opportunities available, and Derek Turner is the person to contact if you would like to be involved.

See the current lost and found items here:
Lost & Found Thread

Follow saskgames on social media:
    Twitter: @sask_games
    Instagram: sask_games
    Gaming Venues: Google Map

Hashtags for this event:
   #ChewsDayBP - ChewsDay Challenge Hashtag.
   #Sask_Games - This is for all SaskGames events and activity.
   #YQR - Official Geographic Hashtag for Regina.
   #BoardGames - Official Hobby Hashtag.

"Life is Short; Play Games!"