Strategy Saturday - Argyle Road Baptist Church - Saturday, February 6, 2016

Started by Allan Luesink, December 19, 2015, 02:39:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allan Luesink

-- More info will be posted as this weekend approaches, so be sure to check back here about a week or two prior to the games night. --

Allan Luesink

Hi everyone,

February's Strategy Saturday is going to be a week early this year so to avoid any conflicts that may arrive with Family Day later this month.

I don't have much to say this month. My father is not well at all and so I my attention has naturally been pulled in his direction. There is a game I'd like to feature but it is new to me and I haven't quite wrapped my head around it enough yet to feel like I'd be able to confidently teach it. Maybe by Saturday I will be up to speed on it. But maybe not. So for this month I'm just going to leave the Feature Game slot open.

Strategy Saturday will be at Argyle Road Baptist Church (3510 Argyle Rd) from 7pm to midnight.  As usual we'll have our snack counter open so feel free to contribute a drink or something to munch on.  And feel free to bring along friends (and to forward this invite).

Hope you'll be there,

Allan

PS - Please keep an eye on this thread as Saturday draws closer just in case things suddenly change and I'm forced to cancel at the last minute.

Bix Conners

NEW ChewsDay Challenge Website - Community.PwYF.ca
We encourage you to sign up on the new site and get settled in.

Allan Luesink

Thanks for the concern, Matt.

For everyone wondering:

The plan is still to go ahead and have Strategy Saturday tomorrow, Feb.6 at 7pm.

Hope you can make it,
Allan

erdrikwolf

Allan Luesink

The game I was hoping to feature is Friend or Foe. It's a game created by a friend of mine, Rob Gosselin. Rob grew up in Regina and was at one time one of the top-rank junior chess players in Canada, so you know his game will have some depth. He's now a science teacher in eastern Saskatchewan.

I still plan to feature it once I'm confident on the rules. I've read through them once but I need to sit down, read them again, and play out a few rounds.

Click on the image to check out more about his game.