Strategy Saturday - Argyle Road Baptist Church - Saturday, November 5, 2016

Started by Allan Luesink, October 25, 2016, 09:45:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allan Luesink

Hi everyone,

A little bit of an earlier announcement for November's Strategy Saturday. The arrival of Fall means my indoor soccer season has started up again. With the release of the season's schedule I realize that I need to make some adjustments for when we have Strategy Saturday. It'll still be on Saturdays but in the next few months you may notice that it won't always be on the 2nd Saturday of the month. For November it will be on the 5th.

For the Feature Game we will have Power Play available. This is a game themed around hockey that makes use of deck building and drafting mechanics. If you've ever wondered what is a "deck building mechanic" (something that seems to be showing up in more and more games), come give it a try. It's not a long game so if you like it you can play it again. And if you want try another game afterwards, there will also be opportunity for that too. You can check out Power Play on the Boardgame Geek website.

!!! If you have a game you'd like to play and draw some attention to, feel free to volunteer for future Feature Game slots. Just drop me a note and I'll see if we can't get your game in the spotlight.

Strategy Saturday will be at Argyle Road Baptist Church (3510 Argyle Rd) from 7pm to midnight.  As usual we'll have our snack counter open so feel free to contribute a drink or something to munch on.  And feel free to bring along friends (and to forward this invite).

Hope you'll be there,

Allan