Chewsday Challenge - North Albert Boston Pizza - January 5, 2016 (18:30)

Started by R Newell, December 09, 2015, 08:24:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryce Robinson

I'll join.

Quote from: Tempest on December 31, 2015, 01:54:42 PM
I finally got my hands on a copy of Codenames! I'd love to bring it out for say 8? I'd say it'd work best with minimum of 6 people. Assuming people aren't sick of this one already.
I take requests. See my collection here. http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/brycrbnsn

Dana_Tillusz

Quote from: Bryce Robinson on January 05, 2016, 01:10:45 PM
I'll join.

Quote from: Tempest on December 31, 2015, 01:54:42 PM
I finally got my hands on a copy of Codenames! I'd love to bring it out for say 8? I'd say it'd work best with minimum of 6 people. Assuming people aren't sick of this one already.

Bryce, Tempest cancelled...
Snikt!

Dana_Tillusz

Mark M and I are playing our Twilight Struggle league game at 6:30 as well. If it gets busy right at 6:30 we'll wait until the restaurant opens up.
Snikt!

RockBane

Does anyone mind if I bring out Cards Against Humanity tonight?  My family currently is borrowing my uncle's deck plus expansion and I don't have to work until 6 pm the next day so we can play later in the night.

I'm heading off on a digital trip
And that's what I plan to do!
I'm going away to a digital plain
And I ain't coming back real soon!

The whole thing is electrical!
It's running through my veins
That everything is connectable!

Hey! Digital....Hey! Digital....world, world, world!
~Going Digital

Bix Conners

Quote from: RockBane on January 05, 2016, 04:09:21 PM
Does anyone mind if I bring out Cards Against Humanity tonight?  My family currently is borrowing my uncle's deck plus expansion and I don't have to work until 6 pm the next day so we can play later in the night.

Actually, that is not a family appropriate game so we do not feel it is appropriate at this event.

EDIT: See item #1 in event FAQ
http://sask.games/index.php?topic=2043.0
NEW ChewsDay Challenge Website - Community.PwYF.ca
We encourage you to sign up on the new site and get settled in.

RockBane

I'm heading off on a digital trip
And that's what I plan to do!
I'm going away to a digital plain
And I ain't coming back real soon!

The whole thing is electrical!
It's running through my veins
That everything is connectable!

Hey! Digital....Hey! Digital....world, world, world!
~Going Digital

Bix Conners

Apparently Scott young cannot make it tonight so sadly, lifeboats is cancelled. :(

bboileau

Game Night Recap

Image by: Matt Robertson (Bixby) on BoardGameGeek

ATTENDANCE: 77

Games Played: Darkest Night, Terra Mystica, Biblios, Twilight Struggle, Kingdom Builder, Tsuro of the Seas, Sator Arepo Tenet Opera Rotas, Zombicide, Carcassonne, Carcassonne: Gold Rush, T.I.M.E. Stories, Sushi Go, Parade, Make 'n' Break, Lords of Waterdeep, Tash-Kalar: Arena of Legends, Cribbage, Alhambra, Lost Cities, Bonanza, Villa Paletti, Resistance, Overpower, Eminent Domain: Microcosm, Battle Line, Game of Thrones: Westeros Intrigue, King of Tokyo, The Grizzled, Love Letter: Batman, Splendor, Risk: Doctor Who, and Hanabi Deluxe.

Announcements:

• An announcement was made to clarify rules around gamers attending Chewsday Challenge and going to eat food in the non-gaming area. If Chewsday Challenge Gamers arrive, sign in, and proceed to the non-gaming area for food, they should go to the front to be seated by the host/hostess rather than seating themselves. This will help us follow standard restaurant protocol and ensure the Boston Pizza staff know those individuals are, in fact, in the non-gaming area for food rather than games.
  • Prairie Game eXpo is fast approaching on Saturday January 23, 2016 from 9am to 9pm at the Core Ritchie Centre. Many games are being posted or advertised on the forum thread, Learn-To-Play sessions and Tournaments being hosted at the event, and much more! Of note, the details concerning a Dexterity Tournament at PGX have just been posted on the thread and PGX attendees are encouraged to sign-up in advance.
  • Jason Szarkowicz attended this Chewsday Challenge and volunteered his time to help newcomers to the event and/or to Sask Games sign-up for a user account on the forum site. He even gave each of these individuals a brief overview of the content of the website and how to navigate through it, which will be an offering we provide periodically at different Sask Games events. Thanks Jason!
  • We provided some pretty amazing stats as well—the total attendance for all Chewsday Challenge events in 2015 was 2,577 people. Amazing! Thanks for this info, Lori!
  • It was draw night! Bryce Robinson won the $25 Boston Pizza gift certificate. Cheryl-Lynn Zimmer's name was drawn for the $50 ComicReaders gift card but was not in attendance and so it will be carried over for next month.

See the current lost and found items here:
Lost & Found Thread

Follow saskgames on social media:
    Twitter: @sask_games
    Instagram: sask_games
    Gaming Venues: Google Map

Hashtags for this event:
   #ChewsDayBP - ChewsDay Challenge Hashtag.
   #Sask_Games - This is for all SaskGames events and activity.
   #YQR - Official Geographic Hashtag for Regina.
   #BoardGames - Official Hobby Hashtag.

"Life is Short; Play Games!"
Here is my collection, trades, and wishlist on bgg if something should peak your interest!

R Newell

Holy cow!  77??  Is that a record?

I was so into my game that I didn't notice how busy it was until about 10:00.

Bix Conners

Quote from: R Newell on January 06, 2016, 08:10:05 AM
Holy cow!  77??  Is that a record?

I was so into my game that I didn't notice how busy it was until about 10:00.
Tied with the record. We had 77 people one other time.