Chewsday Challenge - North Albert Boston Pizza - September 22, 2015 (18:00)

Started by Lori, August 07, 2015, 10:08:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stretch

Hi, I'm kinda new to the Chewsday Challenge, but I was told I could post a request here!

Would anybody be able to teach how to play Arkam Horror? Ive tried it once but we didn't get very far, and would like it more if we had someone that knew it a bit better! I have a small group of 3-5 people that hopefully will be there that want to play. We meet at about 8pm, so ill be bringing my copy then. It seemed fun, but a bit daunting without guidance.

Please let me know if you're interested and the 8pm start time doesnt scare you off!

Thanks!

EDIT: Its ELDRITCH HORROR,  Not arkham! Sorry, I was reading about both and got them switched up!

RTigger

GAME TITLE: Small World Underground
TEACHER: RTigger
START TIME: 8h15m
DURATION: 1h30m
# OF PLAYERS: 5
URL: https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/97786/small-world-underground

"This world's not big enough for all of us, so it's time you step aside to make room for me."

Small World Underground includes 15 fantasy-themed races of creatures along with 21 special powers. Each player will control several creature/power combinations over the course of the game – spending points to draft these combinations – and will use those creatures to claim control of various subterranean locations. Some locations hold relics or are designated as "places of power", and monsters must first be conquered before a player can claim these special benefits. At the end of each turn, a player scores points for the regions he holds, and the player with the most points at game end wins.

For those familiar with Small World, the main differences in Underground include places & relics (improving the value of particular areas) guarded by monsters, and a river area to traverse but vacate at the end of your turn.  Also 15 different races and 21 different powers.

anubis

R Newell

Hi stretch,

I could give a hand with Arkham Horror some time, but I won't be there this Tuesday and an 8:00pm start time would be late for such a big game for me.

Another place to gauge interest and try and set up a game for Chewsday Challenge would be this thread: Possible games for Chewsday Challenge - Fall 2015.

Quote from: stretch on September 20, 2015, 08:51:56 PM
Hi, I'm kinda new to the Chewsday Challenge, but I was told I could post a request here!

Would anybody be able to teach how to play Arkam Horror? Ive tried it once but we didn't get very far, and would like it more if we had someone that knew it a bit better! I have a small group of 3-5 people that hopefully will be there that want to play. We meet at about 8pm, so ill be bringing my copy then. It seemed fun, but a bit daunting without guidance.

Please let me know if you're interested and the 8pm start time doesnt scare you off!

Thanks!

Colin Dearborn

Amanda and I are coming out, plan on running Lords of Waterdeep at 630, with Scoundrels of Skullport. Limiting it to 4 players though.

[/size]
GAME TITLE:  Lords of Waterdeep
TEACHER:Colin
START TIME:6:30/b]
DURATION: likely 120 minutes with 4
# OF PLAYERS:4
1 Colin D
2 Amanda D

stretch

Hi!

Thanks for your offer and I would totally take you up on it, but sadly tuesdays at 8 are literally the only time of the week that I can do it :( i'm either working or watching the kids otherwise! My back up plan is to see if someone posted a video of them playing on youtube or something, and see if they make it look any easier!  :D
Thanks!

Quote from: R Newell on September 21, 2015, 08:44:29 AM
Hi stretch,

I could give a hand with Arkham Horror some time, but I won't be there this Tuesday and an 8:00pm start time would be late for such a big game for me.

Another place to gauge interest and try and set up a game for Chewsday Challenge would be this thread: Possible games for Chewsday Challenge - Fall 2015.

Justin-S

I would like to sign up for Lords of Waterdeep if that's alright.

Thanks

Lori

Quote from: stretch on September 21, 2015, 05:40:30 PM
Thanks for your offer and I would totally take you up on it, but sadly tuesdays at 8 are literally the only time of the week that I can do it :( i'm either working or watching the kids otherwise! My back up plan is to see if someone posted a video of them playing on youtube or something, and see if they make it look any easier!  :D

Here's one that has some good comments so hopefully the video does a good job explaining things:

I need to watch it myself - we own AH but have never played.

stretch

So this is embarrassing! But I was watching the video and I realized my board looks different... So I went and checked it and I have Eldritch Horror! Not arkham... oops! So...any takers for ELDRITCH HORROR?

(My bad dudes!)

R Newell

Eldritch Horror is much quicker than Arkham Horror, so you should have an easier time finding takers at 8:00.