Hackmaster!

Started by grendelthebrave, May 19, 2015, 12:56:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grendelthebrave

Hey Sask Games, I've been rather uninvolved since joining up, thought I'd start a thread to see what's what.

Is anyone interested in Hackmaster? Specifically the 5th edition, which has been releasing its core books over the past few years. I recently ran some friends through an intro adventure and it was good fun. It's an old-school rpg, with some cool, novel combat mechanics.

Have any of you played it? Would anyone want to play it?

There are free basic rules available at http://www.kenzerco.com/hackmaster/

Yours in Hacking

GtB

PhotoJim

Avidly gaming since 1972.

grendelthebrave

Haven't thought that far ahead yet. I'm trying to see what kind of interest/awareness there is for the product in this community.

Have you tried it before PhotoJim?

Lance

Have only heard about it from a Puppet/Plushie Webcomic - did not realize it actually existed!

grendelthebrave

The previous, and original edition despite being named 4th edition,was a big time parody of ad&d and fantasy gaming in general, but actually hid a decent game system underneath all the jokes.
The current (5th) edition is free of their parody license and has really put together a nice game. While it's no longer a parody, the rules are fun to read with lots of wisecracks.

Lance

Portal

I'm very interested and keen to play in a regular campaign. Are you still looking for players?

Cheers,
Marcus

grendelthebrave

I had a group going and we were meeting somewhat regularly, but it fizzled. I would still be very interested in trying again, it really is quite a neat (albeit crunchy) system.

Are you in Stoon? perhaps if we can drum up more interest we can make this happen, I have a few reliable people who I can usually talk into joining games.

Portal

I'm in Regina, but definitely interested in giving Hackmaster a shot. Please feel free to PM me if you decide to re-start a group.