Star Wars RPG Fantasy Flight Games

Started by swoop_ds, March 12, 2015, 12:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

swoop_ds

Does anyone run Star Wars Edge of the Empire / Age of Rebellion / Force and Destiny?  I'm looking to start a game in Strasbourg with friends but have never actually played it before.  It'd be great to sit in on a session (or better yet, join in) to see how it goes in person.

-Dave

Lance

Guess no one does - did this ever get off the ground?

grendelthebrave

I ran a few games of this using the starter set for Age of Rebellion. I really like the FFG system with their unique die pool mechanics. I really liked the Warhammer Fantasy RPG but only really had a chance to start it once.

I hope you were able to find someone to show you some ropes.

Lance

Have seen a couple of guys trying it out - looks expensive

grendelthebrave

The starter set was surprisingly affordable, I paid about $25 on amazon or something, and it comes with a set of the dice.

The rulebook is a fairly standard  ~$60, and fortunately the system encourages using pawns, or other deliberately vague representations of characters so miniatures aren't really necessary.

The focus on interpreting the results of the dice pool in creative ways is a fun change of pace from standard d20 vs. target number resolution systems.

Lance

Swear I saw a starter box set for $125
-maybe it is a different game (came with a large ATST)

grendelthebrave

Ah, that would be imperial assault. The more board - gamey dungeon crawler. Also a fun game but yeah, much more expensive.

swoop_ds

Hey guys,

I ended up running a couple of one off scenarios with friends but haven't gone further than that.  There are only so many people out here in Strasbourg that are into this sort of thing and no one seems to be able to commit to a campaign.  I've only ever played DnD, this seemed to be a lot more 'creative' due to how the dice work.

-Dave

Lance

Quote from: grendelthebrave on June 09, 2015, 09:38:57 AM
Ah, that would be imperial assault. The more board - gamey dungeon crawler. Also a fun game but yeah, much more expensive.
Ah....looks very cool

Lance

Quote from: swoop_ds on June 09, 2015, 04:35:55 PM
Hey guys,

I ended up running a couple of one off scenarios with friends but haven't gone further than that.  There are only so many people out here in Strasbourg that are into this sort of thing and no one seems to be able to commit to a campaign.  I've only ever played DnD, this seemed to be a lot more 'creative' due to how the dice work.

-Dave
Sorry to hear/read that Dave - what did your friends think of it?