Chewsday Challenge - North Albert Boston Pizza - May 12, 2015 (18:00)

Started by Dana_Tillusz, March 05, 2015, 04:58:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Falconias

Cordawg

miles

Tempest

Is there anyone looking for a game for around 7:30? It's kinda last minute, but I'll be showing up and I can grab some stuff on my way if anyone's interested.
Got a request for a game, check out this link right here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/t_shak I'd be more than glad to bring any of these out to play.

roxy72

There are 2 newbies who are excited for zombicide Lareina. 

ChadBoudreau

Some times as a parent you have to make the difficult choices. I was faced with one such last night. Do I pack up and take the kids home at 8:30pm as per usual or do I let them stay to finish the epic 10-player game of Zombicide they were embroiled in at Boston Pizza last night as part of Chewsday Challenge. One part of me wanted them home and in bed so they'd be fresh-eyed for school today. The other part of me saw how engaged they were in the game-- the fun, the decisions, the white-knuckled moments as zombies staggered down the narrow prison hallway, the acceptance and support they were being given by the adults at the table-- and I had all these flashbacks of moments from my childhood where my parents broke the norm. My reasoning was they're not going to remember every single day of school, but there is a pretty good chance they're going to remember the night they and 8 others worked together to break out of prison, escape the zombies, and drive out of town to victory with a rescued dog in the passenger seat. Big thanks to Chris and Lareina for running the game, and thanks to all the players who welcomed the boys into the game.

Lori

Quote from: ChadBoudreau on May 13, 2015, 09:42:08 AM
Some times as a parent you have to make the difficult choices. I was faced with one such last night. Do I pack up and take the kids home at 8:30pm as per usual or do I let them stay to finish the epic 10-player game of Zombicide they were embroiled in at Boston Pizza last night as part of Chewsday Challenge. One part of me wanted them home and in bed so they'd be fresh-eyed for school today. The other part of me saw how engaged they were in the game-- the fun, the decisions, the white-knuckled moments as zombies staggered down the narrow prison hallway, the acceptance and support they were being given by the adults at the table-- and I had all these flashbacks of moments from my childhood where my parents broke the norm. My reasoning was they're not going to remember every single day of school, but there is a pretty good chance they're going to remember the night they and 8 others worked together to break out of prison, escape the zombies, and drive out of town to victory with a rescued dog in the passenger seat. Big thanks to Chris and Lareina for running the game, and thanks to all the players who welcomed the boys into the game.

:D  A+ to all!

Bix Conners

Game Night Recap

Image by: Matt Robertson (Bixby) on BoardGameGeek

ATTENDANCE: 50

Games Played: Bang! The Dice Game, Survive! Escape from Atlantis, Antidote, Trajan, Legendary, Call to Glory, Troyes, Dead of Winter, Penny Press, Super Dungeon Explore, Zombicide, Bloodbowl, Manhattan Project, Hey! That's my Fish, Five Tribes,  & more.

Announcements:
- omegadirective is hosting a Ticket to Ride League as a fundraiser for Play with Your food.  Contact him if interested.
- Lori is selling dice bags / gaming bags for her team's fundraiser for Play with Your Food. Contact her if interested.

See the current lost and found items here:
Lost & Found Thread

- Follow saskgames on social media!
    Twitter: @sask_games
    Instagram: sask_games
    Facebook: SaskGames
NEW ChewsDay Challenge Website - Community.PwYF.ca
We encourage you to sign up on the new site and get settled in.