Chewsday Challenge - North Albert Boston Pizza - May 5, 2015 (18:00)

Started by Dana_Tillusz, March 05, 2015, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shrimpy228

NeikeDjour

I would like to bring King's Forge.

GAME TITLE: King's Forge
TEACHER: NeikeDjour
START TIME: 6:30
DURATION: 60-90min
# OF PLAYERS: 4
Let me know if you want to me to bring out a specific game: Game List

silent_rob

I'll bring out the classic, cutthroat game Survive: Escape from Atlantis! for 6:30 (the 30th anniversary version released by Stronghold Games). Each player is trying to get their meeples (preferably the highest-valued ones) off of the sinking island to the safety of the mainland. But your boats can be sunk by whales and then your swimmers eaten by sharks. Plus there are sea monsters which can gobble it all up whole and giant squids, too.
And all of those critters are controlled by you and your opponents, making for just the right amount of backstabbing. :)

I've played it with gamers and family and everyone's enjoyed it. It's easy to learn and everyone's welcome to play. Even though it can play 6 players, I'll cap it off at 5 so it doesn't go too long. It'll play 60-90 minutes with teaching. And we'll throw in the two expansions, as well (well, 3 expansions with the 5th player added).

GAME TITLE: Survive: Escape from Atlantis! + expansions
TEACHER: silent_rob
DURATION: 60-90min
# OF PLAYERS: 5
URL: https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/2653/survive-escape-atlantis

silent_rob

It's Carcassonne League Night so you know what that means...I'm bringing out King of New York to play at 8:00pm! If you're not already scheduled to be peacefully laying tiles and wondering what the heck those farmers are doing lying down then come chuck some dice, stomp some tanks and claw your opponents into submission. For those who haven't played it before, this is the gamer-version of King of Tokyo.

We may as well go for a full-roster of 6 players. Even with teaching it only takes around 45min+ and it's very easy to learn.

GAME TITLE: King of New York
START TIME: 8:00
DURATION: 45min+
# OF PLAYERS: 6
URL: https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/160499/king-new-york

silent_rob

I'm also bringing out the classic negotiation (or NOT if you'd rather blast some colonies into the Warp) game Cosmic Encounter for 9:00. Players take on the role of various alien races with different rule-bending/breaking powers. To win you must be the first to get 5 colonies on 5 foreign planets through negotiation, cunning/trickery and battle (it's really up to the players and their playing styles). And you can even share victory if multiple people win on the same turn.

This will be a teaching game so everyone's welcome to play. Depending on how comfortable everyone is we'll either stick closer to the basic rules or add more in if people are familiar with the game. I've just got the base game and it accommodates 5 players. Duration is a little more hit-and-miss. I've played a game that lasted 45 minutes and another that lasted 90. The duration listed below reflects that range. :D

GAME TITLE: Cosmic Encounter
START TIME: 9:00
DURATION: 60-120min
# OF PLAYERS: 5
URL: https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/39463/cosmic-encounter

R Newell

bboileau

I'll bring Yggdrasil for 6:30:

GAME TITLE: Yggdrasil w/ Asgard Expansion
TEACHER: bboileau
DURATION: 90 minutes
# OF PLAYERS: 1 - 6
URL: http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/147190/yggdrasil-second-edition-asgard-expansion

I'd also love to join Cosmic Encounter!
Here is my collection, trades, and wishlist on bgg if something should peak your interest!

Lori

Lots of choices for next week already!  I'm bringing out:

GAME TITLE: Freedom: The Underground Railroad
TEACHER: Lori
DURATION: 120 min
# OF PLAYERS:4

Omegadirective and lifeofturner are taking spots.

PhotoJim

Quote from: Lori on April 29, 2015, 02:48:45 PM
Lots of choices for next week already!  I'm bringing out:

GAME TITLE: Freedom: The Underground Railroad
TEACHER: Lori
DURATION: 120 min
# OF PLAYERS:4

Omegadirective and lifeofturner are taking spots.

Me too please.
Avidly gaming since 1972.

miles