Chewsday Challenge - North Albert Boston Pizza - January 6, 2015 (18:00)

Started by Dana_Tillusz, December 29, 2014, 08:00:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dana_Tillusz

*** ChewsDay Challenge ***
Brought to you by

...and...

What: ChewsDay Challenge Boardgame Night.
Where: Boston Pizza, North Albert Street (Regina)
When: Every ChewsDay Night.
Who: Anyone interested in playing boardgames.
Why: Life is Short; Play Games!

:excited Click HERE for Important Information about these events :excited

THIS WEEK'S EVENT AMBASSADOR: Janessa Hegel

:excited :scrab-g :scrab-a :scrab-m :scrab-e :scrab-blank :scrab-s :scrab-c :scrab-h :scrab-e :scrab-d :scrab-u :scrab-l :scrab-i :scrab-n :scrab-g :excited

GAME: Operation Liberty
TEACHER: scuudz
START TIME: 6:30
DURATION: 90 Minutes
PLAYERS...
1. scuudz (Game Control)
2. Murray (prairieguy)
3. Rob (silent_rob)
4. B-Shea (omegadirective)
5. Cory (Cordawg)
6. Jim (photojim)
7. Lori
8. Matt Robertson
9. Roxanne (roxy72)

GAME: Kanban: Automotive Revolution
TEACHER: Rosencrantz
DURATION: 150 Minutes
PLAYERS... 4
1. Rosencrantz
2. Matthew
3. Rick
4. Jay

GAME: Steam Park
TEACHER: NeikeDjour
PLAYERS... 4
1. NeikeDjour
2. thomsoda
3. anubis
4. Zane

GAME: Star Wars: Imperial Assault
TEACHER: qwyjibo
START TIME: 7:00
DURATION: 120 Minutes
PLAYERS... 5
1. qwyjibo
2. craftybernardo
3. GreyLurker
4. Jason
5. bbolieau

GAME: Carcassonne
TEACHER: Dana_Tillusz
START TIME: 7:00
DURATION: 60 Minutes
PLAYERS... 5
1. Dana_Tillusz
2. miles

GAME: Fresco
TEACHER: Lareina
START TIME: 8:00
PLAYERS... 4
1. Lareina
2. Chris
3. Bellis
4. Dana_Tillusz

GAME: Pandemic: The Cure
TEACHER: Lori
START TIME: 8:30
DURATION: 60 Minutes
PLAYERS... 2-5
1. Lori
2. PhotoJim
3. silent_rob
4. NeikeDjour
5. miles

GAME: Cyclades
TEACHER: bboileau
START TIME: 9:00
DURATION: 120 Minutes
PLAYERS... 5
1. bboileau
2. RockBane

If you would like to schedule a game. Please post in this event thread with the following information:
Name of the game, when you would like to start, The duration of the game, and the number of players it can accommodate.

Due to the overwhelming success of ChewsDay Challenge we might need to limit table space in the early evening if attendance is high and the restaurant is busy. We ask that larger-sized games be planned for 7:30 and later after Boston Pizza's dinner rush when we can spill out into the dining area, if needed, and with the restaurant's permission.  Please be considerate when choosing your table area to maximize player density. Thank you for helping make ChewsDay Challenge a success!
Snikt!

scuudz

I will run a "mini" MegaGame starting at 6:30.  The game plays upto 8 players and will take 90 mins.  This would be of particular interest to people that are interested in taking part in the Watch The Skies MegaGame on March 21st.  This game (I will keep it unnamed as it is available online, and would like the players to not have any additional information before playing) pits 8 players in a game of intense negotiation, role-playing and diplomacy where each character has a different objective and different information.  This game will offer the players a VERY small taste of what they can expect in the Watch The Skies MegaGame.

As in most games like this there are no clear winner(s) and/or standings.

Here is the premise of the game:

Players represent key decision makers in the country's military strategy planning committee.  War has just broken out, and the players are responsible for coming up with a war strategy to present to the country's cabinet, all within 60-90 minutes.  Once people sign up for the game, the game control (me) will contact you with your role in the game and secret information that is only available to you prior to the game.  I will get this to you by some time this weekend at the latest.  It will be 2-4 pages of light reading that you will have to do before showing up on Tuesday, and then during the game, you must decide when/how to use the information you have in order to achieve your objectives in the game.  Each player might find it useful to bring a pen and notepad with them to the game. 

To give you an idea, in an 8-player game, players will play roles such as Chief of Naval Staff, Director of Intelligence, First Secretary of the Treasury etc.

For the purposes of this thread, let's call this game "Operation Liberty".

There are no boards or additional components for this game, and as such it will only take as much room as it would take for the number of people signed up to sit.

silent_rob

omegadirective

Cordawg

PhotoJim

Avidly gaming since 1972.

Bix Conners

NEW ChewsDay Challenge Website - Community.PwYF.ca
We encourage you to sign up on the new site and get settled in.

DCStyles

Cory, you wanna play our Twilight Struggle league game after Operation Liberty ends?
My collection of board games:  http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/chowman13     Feel free to request something and I'll bring it out!

Rosencrantz

I'm going to bring out Kanban for 6:30 if anyone is interested.  Plays up to 4.  It will probably be  2.5 hours with teaching.
"Give me a lever long enough and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world." - Archimedes