Chewsday Challenge - North Albert Boston Pizza - February 10, 2015 (18:00)

Started by Dana_Tillusz, December 29, 2014, 07:52:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreyLurker

Quote from: GreyLurker on February 05, 2015, 03:21:40 PM
My big Kickstarter came in and the War of the Elder Gods is a go.  I have room for 2 more players (Jason already took the first spot).  Now I've only played this once so far and it took about an hour and a half.  Big board and lots of nice looking figures involved.  Game itself is a combination of Territory control for Resources and Point accumulation, with each faction having unque rules.

GAME TITLE: Cthulhu Wars
TEACHER: Graham Lewry
START TIME: 8:30
DURATION: 90 minutes
# OF PLAYERS: 2-4
URL: https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/139976/cthulhu-wars
1: Greylurker
2: Jason

My Cthulhu Wars game doesn't seem to have made it to the front page yet, just though I would re-post it.  Still have room for two players

NeikeDjour

Quote from: GreyLurker on February 07, 2015, 05:48:51 PM
Quote from: GreyLurker on February 05, 2015, 03:21:40 PM
My big Kickstarter came in and the War of the Elder Gods is a go.  I have room for 2 more players (Jason already took the first spot).  Now I've only played this once so far and it took about an hour and a half.  Big board and lots of nice looking figures involved.  Game itself is a combination of Territory control for Resources and Point accumulation, with each faction having unque rules.

GAME TITLE: Cthulhu Wars
TEACHER: Graham Lewry
START TIME: 8:30
DURATION: 90 minutes
# OF PLAYERS: 2-4
URL: https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/139976/cthulhu-wars
1: Greylurker
2: Jason

My Cthulhu Wars game doesn't seem to have made it to the front page yet, just though I would re-post it.  Still have room for two players

Sorry bout that, I've updated the main post up to this point.
Let me know if you want to me to bring out a specific game: Game List

nikkisportraits

Would like to learn MahJong. I visited Cina but never learned this game. Can you please add me to that game? Thanks.

nikkisportraits

Edit, edit, edit! Oops that was supposed to say China but I am sure you followed.

KimberlyCupcake

JemLee

Quote from: RockBane on February 02, 2015, 09:46:47 PM
And depending on somethings, I might be willing to do a second game after the first.

I'm going to try convincing some friends to show up with me so there will be a full 4 players for Mansions. So excited. lol
Cheers,
Jemmer

roxy72

Sign me up for mahjong as well. I've played it on the computer before.

Lori

Quote from: roxy72 on February 09, 2015, 08:58:20 AM
Sign me up for mahjong as well. I've played it on the computer before.

Mahjong is actually pretty cool with all the tiles and Chinese characters.  It's a very tactile gambling game, steeped in tradition.  We have a couple sets but don't get it out much these days.  The computer game of tile matching just uses the tile themes/art whereas real Mahjong is more like rummy and has much more interesting scoring.  I'd encourage people to check it out if it gets to a future Chewsday Challenge.  Don't be misled by the computer tile matching game of the same name.

lifeofturner

Seems like we need another late night game.

GAME TITLE: Glass Road
TEACHER: lifeofturner (Derek Turner)
START TIME: 9:00 pm
DURATION: 90 min. (including teaching)
# OF PLAYERS: 4
URL: https://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/143693/glass-road
"The play's the thing, wherein I'll catch the conscience of the king." - Hamlet

scuudz

Unfortunately, I can no longer make it to Boston Pizza tomorrow.  Please take me out of The Manhattan Project.