Chewsday Challenge - North Albert Boston Pizza - February 17, 2015 (18:00)

Started by Dana_Tillusz, December 29, 2014, 07:50:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

craftybernardo

Quote from: Tempest on February 11, 2015, 11:12:18 PM
I believe we have Risk Legacy night tonight! Starting at 7:30, awaiting confirmation. Two games left and the world is mine mwahahah.....errrr, someone's...

Confirming for Risk Legacy

R Newell

Tempest, are you going to punch through two games of Risk on Tuesday or just the one?  Just wondering how long I should put that down for on the schedule.

nikkisportraits

Hi if there is room could you please add me to Carson City and Dijarling? Hope I spelled that correctly.

thomsoda

GAME TITLE: Impulse
TEACHER: Thomsoda
START TIME:6:30
DURATION: 60 minutes
# OF PLAYERS: 4
URL: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/144239/impulse

I think it may be time to bring this one out again. I'll cap players at 4, and one spot is reserved for Matt Robertson if he wants it, since I promised him a game of this a while back.

Bix Conners

Quote from: thomsoda on February 12, 2015, 12:44:20 PM
I think it may be time to bring this one out again. I'll cap players at 4, and one spot is reserved for Matt Robertson if he wants it, since I promised him a game of this a while back.

In :)
Thanks!!!
NEW ChewsDay Challenge Website - Community.PwYF.ca
We encourage you to sign up on the new site and get settled in.

thomsoda

Whoah, that was fast! I look forward to playing this one with you!

Tempest

Quote from: R Newell on February 12, 2015, 08:19:38 AM
Tempest, are you going to punch through two games of Risk on Tuesday or just the one?  Just wondering how long I should put that down for on the schedule.

Not sure, to be honest.
Got a request for a game, check out this link right here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/t_shak I'd be more than glad to bring any of these out to play.

Jhegel

silent_rob

I really enjoyed the Gem-Encrusted Mini-Tourney I hosted a while back. With that in mind, I'm going to host a Pirates vs. Cowboys Gem-Encrusted Mini-Tourney. There are only two games, this time around: the pirate game Libertalia and the wild west game Colt Express. Both include gems as part of their booty/loot. I know it's a bit of a stretch but it should be fun.

Libertalia is a game of simultaneous role selection, where each player has a deck of cards representing their pirate crew. Each member of the crew has different powers and each player has access to the same cards to start. But then depending on when you play the various cards, options change more each round. You're each trying to get the most treasure but you have to be careful because booty could also curse you or lead to one of your characters getting killed.

Colt Express is a programmable action/movement game where players move their meeple cowboys around a 3-dimensional train (from car to car or up to the roof), gathering loot and messing with other players. It's fairly light but a lot of fun.

Scores for Colt Express are in the 100s or 1000s whereas points scores for Libertalia top out at 100 or lower. So we'll multiply the scores for Libertalia by 10 and add them to the Colt Express scores to get the winner. I'd also like to re-use the trophy from the previous Mini-Tourney - PhotoJim, would you mind bringing it back (Jim won the last Mini-Tourney)?

Libertalia takes 45-60 min, Colt Express takes about a 30min. With teaching each might go a little longer but not by much. So this should take 90-120min for both. And I'm going to keep it to 5 players so we don't take up too much space or go too long.

GAME TITLE: silent_rob's Cowboys vs. Pirates Gem-Encrusted Mini-Tourney
TEACHER: silent_rob
START TIME: 6:30
DURATION: 90min+ total
# OF PLAYERS: 5
URL: https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/125618/libertalia and https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/158899/colt-express

silent_rob

Additionally, since it's on TableTop next week (and because I haven't played it in a while), I'll host a game of Dead of Winter to end the night. It's a semi-cooperative (there might be a traitor in the colony) zombie game. But really, surviving the harsh elements and the various crises that arise are just as important as surviving the zombie hoards. Players not only have a crisis to resolve each round and an overall game goal to complete as a team by the end (unless you're a dirty traitor), but they also have a secret goal to complete on their own. There are so many great elements to this game that it's difficult to summarize. If you're not familiar with it please feel free to check out the link below (plus here's the Watch It Played - How To Play video: )

New players are welcome as I'll start by teaching the game. It takes around 120min or so with teaching and can play 5 players.

GAME TITLE: Dead of Winter
TEACHER: silent_rob
START TIME: 8:30pm
DURATION: 120min+
# OF PLAYERS: 5
URL: https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/150376/dead-winter-crossroads-game