Chewsday Challenge - North Albert Boston Pizza - February 24, 2015 (18:00)

Started by Dana_Tillusz, December 29, 2014, 07:48:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dana_Tillusz

*** ChewsDay Challenge ***
Brought to you by

...and...

What: ChewsDay Challenge Boardgame Night.
Where: Boston Pizza, North Albert Street (Regina)
When: Every ChewsDay Night.
Who: Anyone interested in playing boardgames.
Why: Life is Short; Play Games!

:excited Click HERE for Important Information about these events :excited

THIS WEEK'S EVENT AMBASSADOR: Murray Bennett

:excited :scrab-g :scrab-a :scrab-m :scrab-e :scrab-blank :scrab-s :scrab-c :scrab-h :scrab-e :scrab-d :scrab-u :scrab-l :scrab-i :scrab-n :scrab-g :excited

GAME: Abyss
TEACHER: silent_rob
START TIME: 6:30
DURATION: 90 Minutes
PLAYERS... 4
1. silent_rob
2. RockBane
3. anubis
4. Zane

GAME: Mythotopia
TEACHER: Dana Tillusz
PLAYERS... 4
1. Dana Tillusz
2. Colin Dearborn
3. Roxy72
4. R Newell

GAME TITLE: Village
TEACHER: Omegadirective
DURATION: 90-120 Minutes
# OF PLAYERS: 4
1. Omegadirective
2. Grey Lurker
3. Jason
4. DCStyles

GAME TITLE: Super Motherload
TEACHER: Lori
1. Lori
2. PhotoJim
3. Cordawg

GAME TITLE: Seasons
TEACHER: NeikeDjour
DURATION: 120min
1. NeikeDjour
2. Mark M
3. Bricktown

GAME TITLE: Moto Grand Prix
TEACHER: Bryce
START TIME: 7:30
DURATION: 120 Minutes
# OF PLAYERS: 6
1. qwijybo
2. Matt Robertson
3. JemLee
4.Jhegel
5. BellaJoy

GAME TITLE: Nation: Magic vs. Technology
TEACHER: Dyson Yobb
START TIME: 7:30pm
DURATION: 1 hour
1. dyobb
2. Bellis

GAME TITLE:Hannibal: Rome vs. Carthage
TEACHER: R Newell
START TIME: 8:00
DURATION: 180 Minutes
# OF PLAYERS: 2
1. R Newell
2. Dana_Tillusz

GAME TITLE: Fallen
TEACHER: prairieguy
START TIME: 8:30
# OF PLAYERS: 2
1. prairieguy

GAME TITLE: Village
TEACHER: Omegadirective
1. Omegadirective
2. Betty
3. Bellis
4. nikkisportraits

GAME TITLE: Stone Age
TEACHER: DCStyles
1. DCStyles
2. RockBane
3. Bricktown

GAME TITLE: Deus
DURATION: 120 Minutes
1. silent_rob
2. cordawg
3. Lori
4. PhotoJim

If you would like to schedule a game. Please post in this event thread with the following information:
Name of the game, when you would like to start, The duration of the game, and the number of players it can accommodate.

Due to the overwhelming success of ChewsDay Challenge we might need to limit table space in the early evening if attendance is high and the restaurant is busy. We ask that larger-sized games be planned for 7:30 and later after Boston Pizza's dinner rush when we can spill out into the dining area, if needed, and with the restaurant's permission.  Please be considerate when choosing your table area to maximize player density. Thank you for helping make ChewsDay Challenge a success!
Snikt!

roxy72

To post a game for Chewsday Challenge please quote this reply and fill in the relevant information

GAME TITLE:
TEACHER:
START TIME:
DURATION: your best estimate of how long it will take (if it takes longer with more people or if you are going to take extra time to teach it etc.)
# OF PLAYERS:
URL: Copy and past the URL from BGG here

RTigger

GAME TITLE: Space Cadets
TEACHER: RTigger
DURATION: 2h
# OF PLAYERS: 7
URL: http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/123096/space-cadets

Space cadets is a co-operative board game where each player is in control of a station of the spaceship you all share.  Whether you're the Helmsman, Engineer, Weapons Officer, Shield Officer, Sensor Officer, or Captain, you'll be in charge of completing a mini dexterity game, the success of which will determine the outcome of your collective mission.  If the Helmsman ends up turning the ship the wrong way, the Shield Officer needs to compensate by buffing up the shields on that side of the ship.  The sensor officer needs to lock on to enemy ships to make the weapon officer's torpedoes more effective.  And the engineer is responsible for divvying up the ship's power to everyone's station to increase their odds of success.

Each station has a unique timed mini game, and just because you start as the Captain doesn't mean a well placed phaser hit from an enemy ship won't knock everyone around and cause you to change stations!  Once there's a core breach on the ship, everyone needs to work together to repair the core and avoid annihilation while *also* performing their station's duty.

silent_rob

I picked up the underwater (as in the theme - you don't play it in the bathtub) fantasy board/card game Abyss so I'm bringing it out. It's a set collection/hand management game with some auctioning thrown in. It's also one of the most-stunning looking games I've ever seen with a pretty unique currency - pearls. This is from Bruno Cathala of Five Tribes but this is a lighter game than that.

I'll start by teaching the game so everyone's free to give it a try. It plays 4 and while the box says 60min, with teaching and new players I'll put it at 90min.

GAME TITLE: Abyss
DURATION: 90min
URL: https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/155987/abyss

silent_rob

I also picked up the civilization-building board/card game Deus so I'll bring that out, too. It's a medium-heavy euro where each player is building an ancient civilization on a modular, hexagonal board (though it's a little abstract). Each turn you're either paying to play a card and build its associated structure or you're "making an offering to the gods" and discarding cards to activate a special ability from a deity. The neat thing is that whenever you build a certain kind of building, you're also activating all of your previous buildings that match that kind. Besides that, they don't activate.

Again I'll teach to start so everyone should feel free to sign up. The box says 60min but session reports I've seen suggest that a 4-player session with mostly new players takes around 120min.

GAME TITLE: Deus
DURATION: 120min
URL: https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/162082/deus

Cordawg

Bryce Robinson

GAME TITLE:Moto Grand Prix
TEACHER:Bryce
START TIME:7:30
DURATION:120mins
# OF PLAYERS:6
URL: https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/35438/moto-grand-prix/

Moto Grand Prix is an exciting game for all ages with a fast, realistic, dice-based system for playing multi-lap races quickly. Moto Grand Prix's beautiful, accurate models can lean and wheelie, and the modular boards allow a wide range of realistic circuits.

Although it takes just minutes to learn, experienced players and racing fans can add optional rules to crank up the realism even more.
I take requests. See my collection here. http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/brycrbnsn

Lori

Bix Conners

NEW ChewsDay Challenge Website - Community.PwYF.ca
We encourage you to sign up on the new site and get settled in.

Bryce Robinson

I take requests. See my collection here. http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/brycrbnsn