Prairie Game eXpo - Core Ritchie Centre - Saturday, January 17th, 2015 (9:00am)

Started by Dana_Tillusz, October 08, 2014, 09:13:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thomsoda

I am going to host a game of Kemet at 3:30, two spots are open.

In Kemet, players each deploy the troops of an Egyptian tribe and use the mystical powers of the gods of ancient Egypt – along with their powerful armies – to score points in glorious battles or through invasion of rich territories. A game is typically played to 8 or 10 victory points, which may be accrued through winning attacks, controlling temples, controlling fully-developed pyramids, sacrificing to the gods, and wielding particular magical powers.

The conquest for the land of Kemet takes place over two phases: Day and Night. During the day, choose an action amongst the nine possible choices provided by your player mat and perform it immediately. Once every player has taken five actions, night falls, with players gathering Prayer Points from their temples, drawing Divine Intervention cards, and determining the turn order before the start of the new day.

As the game progresses, they can use Prayer Points to acquire power tiles. Some of these enroll magical creatures and have them join their troops. In addition to intimidating enemies, these creatures provide special powers!

Detailed miniature components represent the combat units and the supernatural creatures that are summoned to enhance them. Combat is resolved through cards chosen from a diminishing six-card hand and enhanced by bonuses.

GAME: Kemet
TEACHER: Dale Thomson (thomsoda)
START TIME: 3:30
DURATION: 90 Minutes
PLAYERS 5
1. Dale thomson (thomsoda)
2. Braden
3. Kendal

Kmur101

Hey because of work I have to drop out of the DandD at 430 I'm really sorry it's last minute I hope you can fill the spot.

RhettT

Sorry to be so last minute but Riley and I have to drop out of the Warmachine/Hordes tournament due to a family health issue.

Dana_Tillusz

Quote from: RhettT on January 16, 2015, 07:23:23 PM
Sorry to be so last minute but Riley and I have to drop out of the Warmachine/Hordes tournament due to a family health issue.

I've taken you off. Hope things are well.
Snikt!

lifeofturner

My apologies: I didn't realize that the Carcassonne tournament had been expanded to include another game, so I made other plans for that time and I will come later in the day to PGX. I do see that there is someone on the wait list, so enjoy! Sorry about the late notice.
"The play's the thing, wherein I'll catch the conscience of the king." - Hamlet

R Newell

Thanks for another fantastic event, Dana and Chad (and Murray working the canteen).  I was only able to stay for one quick game of Dominant Species but had a great time.

JemLee

What a terrific day at the Prairie Games Expo. I played my first tournament in Star wars x-Wing and was completely crushed. Totally schooled and ruined. lol. Learned a lot today and had fun - in a frustrated sort of way :D. Then afterwards i was introduced to a couple new games and really enjoyed them too. Cannot wait for the next Expo! Thanks Comic Readers for a great event!
Cheers,
Jemmer

RockBane

Had lots of fun learning how to play Samurai, Star Wars: Age of Rebellion, and, creating my own and playing a D&D Next character.  :D
I'm heading off on a digital trip
And that's what I plan to do!
I'm going away to a digital plain
And I ain't coming back real soon!

The whole thing is electrical!
It's running through my veins
That everything is connectable!

Hey! Digital....Hey! Digital....world, world, world!
~Going Digital

Dana_Tillusz

We might put the event together but it wouldn't happen without the help of all of you!!

Special thank you to:

-A very special thank you to Ryan for setting up Friday evening.

-Thank you to Chris & Lareina for hauling Warhemmer tables & terrain to PGX! And Maeson for chipping in!

-Thanks to Murray and gang for running an awesome canteen!

-Thanks to the volunteers that helped with the door: Marc B, Colin D, Ameya B, Matt R, Logan D, Roxanne S, Bryce R, & Miles

-Thank you Mark & PRO AV for being so awesome!

-Thanks to everyone that ran a tournament and event: Derek, Kevin, Garth, Matt V, Chris, Lareina, Tyler.

-Thanks to the out of towners who came to our event: Jon (Herbert), Jasen (Calgary), Jeff (Moosomin), & Adam (Estevan). Very cool of you!

-Thanks to everyone who taught games and helped clean up after the event! And to the 128+ people who attended!

Snikt!

Dana_Tillusz

Prairie Game Expo Recap

Image by: Mikko Saari (msaari) on BoardGameGeek

ATTENDANCE:128

GAMES PLAYED: Agricola, Dominate Species, Doodle Dice, Feudality, Pina Pirata, Sushi Go, Alhambra, Samurai, DC Deck Building Game, Bang Dice Game, One Zero One, Tokaido, Evolution, Bruges, Heartland Hauling Company, Quantum, Carcassonne, CO2, Paperback, High Command: Hordes & Warmachine, Jaipur, Warmanchine, Trieste, Star Wars: Age of Rebellion, Star Wars Imperial Assault, Room 25, City of Iron, Francis Drake, Odin's Ravens, Doomtown, Stone Age, Infakt, Roborally, Archipelago, Level 7, Lost Legacy, Reco, Kemet, Winner's Circle, Forbidden Island, Pairs, Malifaux, Siam, Call to Glory, Sushizock in Gockelwok, Last Banquet, Railways of the World: Through Time, Kings of New York, Dig Down Dwarf, Suburbia, Cash & Guns, Castles of a Mad King Ludwig, Locke & Key Elkfest, Legendary: Aliens Encounter, Coconuts, X-Wing: A Star Wars Miniatures Game, Warhammer Fantasy & 40K, Pandemic: Contagion, Settlers of Catan, Avengers vs. X-Men Dice Masters, Hamsterolle, Dungeons & Dragons Next Roleplaying Game, & more!

HIGHLIGHTS:
(1) 128 attendees! Thanks for showing up!!!!
(2) prairieguy (Murray) provided excellent food throughout the course of the day.
(3) Congratulations to the winners of the Carcassonne, DC Deck Building Game, Warhammer 40K, Warmachine and X-Wing tournaments.
(4) Big thanks to anyone who taught games at Prairie Game Expo-- whether you were an official Prairie Game Expo Ambassador or an attendee kind enough to invite people to your table.
(5) Thanks to the volunteers who ran the registration table.
(6) It was good to see so many families and young gamers in attendance!
(7) Core Ritchie Community Centre was a fantastic venue.
(8) Special thanks to ProAV for the use of the audio equipment.
(9) Congratulations to everyone who won a door prize.

Also, if you have any thoughts or feedback about these events, send an email to ChewsDayChallenge@SaskGames.com
Snikt!