Prairie Game eXpo - Core Ritchie Centre - Saturday, January 17th, 2015 (9:00am)

Started by Dana_Tillusz, October 08, 2014, 09:13:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChadBoudreau

X-Wing: 100 Point Tournament

DESCRIPTION
Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game is a tactical ship-to-ship combat game in which players take control of powerful Rebel X-wings and nimble Imperial TIE fighters, facing them against each other in fast-paced space combat. Featuring stunningly detailed and painted miniatures, the X-Wing Miniatures Game recreates exciting Star Wars space combat throughout its several included scenarios. Select your crew, plan your maneuvers, and complete your mission!

At Prairie Game Expo on January 17, 2015, ComicReaders will be running a 100 point tournament.

Squad
- The total point value of your squad (ship, pilot, upgrades, etc) cannot exceed 100 points.
- You must chose a faction. Rebel or Imperials. You cannot mix factions to build your squad.
- A squad list must be submitted when you arrive for the event. That means, no squad building when you arrive. Have your squad built in advance. The tournament organizer will review your squad.
- Bring the required components from the X-Wing core set-- maneuver dials, range rulers, asteroids, damage cards, etc. 

Game Play
- Players are guaranteed 3 games.
- There is 75 minute time limit per game. 15 minutes for set-up / deployment. 60 minutes for the game.
- The number of matches played is determined by the number of players.
- We will run multiple pods. If we get 16 players, for example, we will have two pods of 8 players. The top player from each pod will play in the final.
- Doing separate pods means each pod will play 3 games. So basically 4 hours of gaming.
- A rule book will be on hand for reference and event organizers will be on hand for rule clarifications. If need be, the final say on rules will be provided by ComicReaders' Chad Boudreau, who plays X-Wing but is not participating in the event.
- Official Fantasy Flight Tournament rules can be found at http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/ffg_content/x-wing/support/faq/X-Wing-Tournament-Rules.pdf

Modified Match Win = 3 tournament points
Draw = 1 tournament point
Match Loss = 0 tournament points

Prizes
There is a participation prize for everyone.
The winner of the tournament will receive a Prairie Game Expo tournament winner pint glass (with  minimum 6-person entry)

DATE & TIME
Saturday, January 17, 2015 at 10:00am.

COST
Free

EVENT ORGANIZER
Derek Chow / Chad Boudreau

EVENT ATTENDANCE LIMITS
This event supports 16 players. Pre-register by posting on this forum, registering at ComicReaders Downtown, or calling ComicReaders Downtown at 779-0900.

ADDITIONAL DETAILS
Please arrive on time.
Anyone showing up late will take a loss for the current round.
If you register for the event, but later learn you cannot make the event please do your best to contact us to let us know.

ChadBoudreau

QuoteYou can put me in for a shift at the table, preferably earlier in the day.

I've scheduled you for the very first shift, Murray. 9am - 10am. And then you're free to game all day!

I've also created a separate thread for volunteer scheduling.

ChadBoudreau

THE THING

Start your Prairie Game eXpo experience with a social game developed by ComicReaders' Chad Boudreau. The Thing has been revised based on feedback from players who took part in its debut at 24 Hours to Play With Your Food.

Based on John Carpenter's The Thing motion picture, you must use your guile and powers of deduction to determine who among you is no longer human. Every "night", you will choose a room to stay in, but you must choose wisely because if you are in a room with a Thing you might be attacked. And when attacked you don't die-- you become a Thing and must now prey upon the remaining human players.

Every "morning', you vote to determine who among you will take a blood test. A blood test will reveal a Thing so it can be destroyed.

Through card play players can: Intimidate other players to keep them out of a room; Persuade players that you are human so you don't need to take a blood test; use a Fire Axe to clear a room; use a Flamethrower to destroy a Thing; and more. Useful cards are discarded when played so you'll also need to use your wits to prove your innocence or hide your evil intentions. 

"This thing doesn't want to show itself, it wants to hide inside an imitation. It'll fight if it has to, but it's vulnerable out in the open. If it takes us over, then it has no more enemies, nobody left to kill it. And then it's won."

9:30am start time. 90 minute play-time. 16 player max. 12 player minimum.

omegadirective

Tempest

I'd be interested in hosting a DC Deckbuilding Game Tournament; if someone could talk to me about the details, that'd be sweet. (Not sure who I should speak to directly)
Got a request for a game, check out this link right here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/t_shak I'd be more than glad to bring any of these out to play.

Sean

Cordawg

Hey would anyone like to play call of Cthulhu horror on the orient express rpg it's a brand new Adventure set on the orient express that's all I know since it's brand new it seems pretty fun I would run it. It could take 2 hours to about 3.5  hours and I will cap it at 4 people plus me i ran call of Cthulhu once at boston pizza about a month ago so come on out and have fun

Cordawg

Dana_Tillusz

Quote from: Tempest on November 09, 2014, 12:39:54 PM
I'd be interested in hosting a DC Deckbuilding Game Tournament; if someone could talk to me about the details, that'd be sweet. (Not sure who I should speak to directly)

We'll be running a Carcassonne tournament at noon -- details up soon. If you want to run a DC Deck Building tournament at 4 or later that would work. I can supply a copy. If we hit 8 people I can supply a PGX mug as a prize. PM if you have any special requests.
Snikt!

omegadirective

If Matt is willing to run the double map for Railways of the world, I would be in for that, however, if not, then I would like to run
Railways of the World: Railways Through Time at 6 pm

It plays 2 - 6 and would most likely take 2 hours.