Chewsday Challenge - North Albert Boston Pizza - October 14, 2014 (18:00)

Started by Dana_Tillusz, September 15, 2014, 10:24:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

omegadirective

Quote from: Colin Dearborn on October 12, 2014, 08:30:57 PM
Quote from: omegadirective on October 11, 2014, 06:37:08 AM
Quote from: Matt Robertson on October 09, 2014, 06:09:22 PM
Quote from: omegadirective on October 08, 2014, 07:27:56 PM
I`d like to teach Railways on the World for 630pm

2.5 hours
6 players.

Eastern USA map

Heads up. This may be a bit large for Boston Pizza venue.
Challenge accepted! Lol

I believe the problem may be that 3 tables may be required for one game, so instead of 12 people playing there are only 6 (or 2 that have signed up so far).

If I dont get 6 I can do the Mexico Map. Its smaller and for 4 people.

Rosencrantz

Sorry, but it turns out I'm not able to make it now.  Hopefully next week.
"Give me a lever long enough and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world." - Archimedes

GreyLurker

BritAdam

I will sign up for wing at 930.  I would also like to host dead of winter at 630!
- Brit A.

BritAdam

Quote from: BrittaniBruder on October 13, 2014, 06:23:29 PM
I will sign up for wing at 930.  I would also like to host dead of winter at 630!

I mean x-wing.  There are three of us playing dead of winter at 630 so far, so maybe 2-3 more to make a good game.
- Brit A.

Street_Disciple

Maverick_Babylon

Hi,

I'm coming out to games night tonight.

I'm down for Grimoire, never played it, but if there is a cancellation for D&D Expeditions I'm much more interested in learning that.

Have a good afertnoon everyone!

Tempest

Quote from: omegadirective on October 13, 2014, 09:58:53 AM

2.5 hours
6 players.

Eastern USA map

Challenge accepted! Lol

I believe the problem may be that 3 tables may be required for one game, so instead of 12 people playing there are only 6 (or 2 that have signed up so far).

If I may, using 3 tables instead of one does seem like a bit much, especially right at 6:30 when there's usually the highest volume of people.
Got a request for a game, check out this link right here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/t_shak I'd be more than glad to bring any of these out to play.

omegadirective

Quote from: Tempest on October 14, 2014, 04:48:37 PM
Quote from: omegadirective on October 13, 2014, 09:58:53 AM

2.5 hours
6 players.

Eastern USA map

Challenge accepted! Lol

If I may, using 3 tables instead of one does seem like a bit much, especially right at 6:30 when there's usually the highest volume of people.

I apologize to everyone for clearly upsetting so many people by bringing this large game out.

I interpreted the feedback as "Don't bring the game" not "Play it later when it clears out". Please re read the comments, and I think you can see that too.

This was an expensive game that I am currently interested in, and I want to play as much as possible.  Unfortunately for me, I don't have many friends out side of games night that want to play board game, so my only real opportunity to play a game like this is at Chewsday Challenge. Yes, I can bring it to PGX, but I would like to play it more than a couple of times a year, considering how expensive it was.

I am sorry that I didn't clue in to "too big for 630" as this has never seemed to be an issue prior to tonight.
There have been many games set up for 630 that took up 2 tables.
Maybe explaining a new rule for game size limitation in an announcement  would be a good idea. While I will never do it again, I am sure others will.

Dana_Tillusz

B-Shea,

We don't have a problem with you or your game. We are happy to see it out at ChewsDay Challenge, but you need to give us some slack. Last week we had 61 people attend the event and we need to make sure we can squeeze everyone into that party room. We are allowed to start moving into the dining area when the restaurant slows down and when we have permission. A year ago when we had half the attendance we do now we could have probably swung you the tables but ChewsDay Challenge is much more than it use to be. We are not singling you out. We've asked people to run bigger games after 7pm when it is more appropriate and we will continue to do so.
Snikt!