Chewsday Challenge - North Albert Boston Pizza - October 14, 2014 (18:00)

Started by Dana_Tillusz, September 15, 2014, 10:24:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin Dearborn

Amanda and I will be coming out , it's her birthday, and she wants to spend it with you guys....... :excited

First game she wants to play is DC Deck Builder at 6:30

After that, it will be a game of Grimoire.

Each turn in Grimoire starts by revealing several cards on the game board; each card has either a victory point (VP) value or is a character with a particular way to earn VPs at the end of the game. Once these cards are revealed, each player secretly chooses which spell to cast in his spellbook by placing a bookmark on the appropriate page. Everyone then reveals which spell they chose, with the spells going off in order from weakest (those with the lowest numbers) to strongest. Some weak spells nerf stronger ones, and the order in which players choose cards from the display can be flipped topsy-turvy depending on who plays which spells.

silent_rob

Avast, me hearties! I'm bringing Libertalia, the pirate card/board game, to play at 6:30 (it's going to be featured on the third season of Wil Weaton's TableTop, along with Five Tribes). It uses simultaneous role-selection, hand management and various player powers along with some bluffing and set collection. Each player is the captain of a crew of 30 scoundrels, scallywags and the like. Each week (round) one player shuffles his deck of cards and draws 9 crew members to use. Everybody else takes the same cards from their own deck and through each of 6 days (turns) plays a crew member they think will best win them booty (the pirate-y kind, not the J-Lo kind) and screw over the other captains.

Everyone's welcome to join, including new players (I'm fairly new at it, myself). The game usually clocks in at around 45 minutes but with a full 6 players and teaching the rules, it'll probably be over an hour.

(6 players, 60+ minutes at 6:30)

Captain Swallow has always dreamed of pocketing a large nest egg in order to retire on a remote island – but he never counted on stiff competition from Captains Stanley Rackum, Dirk Chivers and others, greedy and cruel enemies who always manage to attack the same ships as him. If he wants to finally sink back and enjoy peaceful days in the sun, he must become the most cunning pirate!

In Libertalia, you must thwart the plans of competitive pirates over the course of three rounds while using cards that show the same crew members as your piratical comrades-in-arms. Yes, not only do they attack the same ships, but they employ the same type of ravenous scum that you do! Can you take advantage of the powers of your characters at the right time? Will you be outdone by a pirate smarter than you? Jump into the water and prove your tactical skills!

omegadirective

I`d like to teach Railways on the World for 630pm

2.5 hours
6 players.

Eastern USA map

Tempest

I'll get in on DC if I don't have work that day. If it fills up first, that's okay too.
Got a request for a game, check out this link right here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/t_shak I'd be more than glad to bring any of these out to play.

craftybernardo

DCStyles

I'm going to run another game of Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures at 9:30 (or whenever Conquest of Paradise ends) for up to 4 players.  Newbies are welcome, all ships will be provided.
My collection of board games:  http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/chowman13     Feel free to request something and I'll bring it out!

anubis

NeikeDjour

Borrowing from silent_rob's Gem-Encrusted Mini-Tourney idea from last week, I'd like to run a Last-Man-Standing Mini-Tourney. I have a bunch of 1v1 arena games, and have enough for 2 games to be running at one time for each one of them. I'd like to find 3 other people to play a series of 3 games, switching out opponents for each different game. Each game should take around an hour, give or take for some of them. (4 Players @ 6:30. 180+ min)

The 3 games I plan to bring will be:
- Lords of War
- Summoner Wars
- Pixel Tactics

In Lords of War players use hands of six cards (called units) drawn from their army deck of 36 cards. A player turn starts with one card placed onto a gridded board. With the exception of ranged and spear units, cards must be placed adjacent to an enemy unit. An elimination phase follows in which you check for the elimination of opposing cards and the one you just placed. Cards have unique formations of attack arrows on their edges and corners signifying which adjacent cards they attack once played and the damage they will do. Each card also has a defense value which when exceeded by opposing cards sees that card defeated. Once combat has been resolved, the player can then either draw a new card from his army deck or retrieve a unit from the board that has not engaged in combat during that turn. Play continues until one player has eliminated twenty units or four commanders.

Summoner Wars is a fast-playing card game. Players take on the role of Summoners: powerful beings who harness the power of mysterious Summoning Stones to lead their race to conquest on the war-torn planet of Itharia. These Summoners wield terrible magic on the battlefield, freezing their foes in place, draining their enemies of power, and even bringing rains of fire down from the heavens. But most notoriously, they summon their great race's hordes of warriors to the battlefield, to clash in the never-ending struggle for supremacy. A Summoner is both mage and general, and must combine their wizardly might with clever tactics to defeat the enemy Summoner on the opposite side of the battle.

Pixel Tactics is a head-to-head game of tactical combat for two players. Each player has an identical deck of 25 cards, from which they draft a leader. The leader's abilities alter vastly the strategy and playability of every other card in the deck, making the game playable in 25 different ways. In the game, players take turns placing cards and attacking. Each card can activate in various ways, taking on offensive capabilities in the front rows of the unit, or support powers in the back rows. Cards can also be played as orders – powerful single-time effects that can turn the tide of battle.

Score will be determined by wins and remaining health points. You will get 5 points for each game you win, and if you win with at least half of your health still remaining will gain an extra +2 points. Following the theme, I'll scope out something for a prize. :P
Let me know if you want to me to bring out a specific game: Game List

scuudz

I will be bringing Keyflower, and will run it twice; at 6:30 and 8:30pm.  Although 6 can play, I'd like to limit these games to 4 players each just so the games don't run too long.  I have played the game twice before, but it was a while ago, so the first run will be a sort of a learning game.  If the people that sign up for the first run enjoy the game, they are welcome to stay put and play the second run as well.  Please indicate if that is what you plan to do.

Lori

I'd like to play Keyflower at 6:30.  It will be my 1st time playing but I'll probably just play once.