Chewsday Challenge - North Albert Boston Pizza - September 9, 2014 (18:00)

Started by Dana_Tillusz, July 09, 2014, 11:06:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dana_Tillusz

*** ChewsDay Challenge ***
Brought to you by

...and...

What: ChewsDay Challenge Boardgame Night.
Where: Boston Pizza, North Albert Street (Regina)
When: Every ChewsDay Night.
Who: Anyone interested in playing boardgames.
Why: Life is Short; Play Games!

THIS WEEK'S EVENT AMBASSADOR: Matt Robertson

:excited :scrab-g :scrab-a :scrab-m :scrab-e :scrab-blank :scrab-s :scrab-c :scrab-h :scrab-e :scrab-d :scrab-u :scrab-l :scrab-i :scrab-n :scrab-g  :excited

GAME: Dr. McNinja's Legendary Showdown
TEACHER: Roxanne
START TIME: 6:30
DURATION: 90 Minutes (depends on number of players)
PLAYERS... 2-6
1. Roxanne
2. Silent_Rob
3. Qwijybo
4. scuudz
5. Juris

GAME: El Grande
TEACHER: Thomsoda
START TIME: 6:30pm
DURATION: 120 minutes
PLAYERS... 5
1. Thomsoda

GAME: Lords of Waterdeep
TEACHER: DCStyles
PLAYERS... 2-6
1. DCStyles
2. Falconias
3. Gypsywolf
4. Marc
5. Pamela

GAME: Istanbul
TEACHER: Lori
DURATION: 90 minutes
PLAYERS... 2-5
1. Lori
2. omegadirective
3. PhotoJim
4. miles

GAME: Dead of Winter
TEACHER: Rosencrantz
PLAYERS... 5
1. Rosencrantz
2. Jay
3. BrittaniBruder
4. Brittani's friend #1
5. Brittani's friend #2

GAME: Krosmaster Arena
TEACHER: Nicole
START TIME: 8:30
DURATION: 120 min
PLAYERS... 4
1. Nicole

GAME: Power Grid
TEACHER: omegadirective
START TIME: 8:30pm
PLAYERS... 6
1. omegadirective
2. Silent_Rob
3. Lori
4. PhotoJim

GAME: X-Wing (newbies welcome!)
TEACHER: DCStyles
START TIME: 8:30pm (or 9:00)
PLAYERS... 4
1. DCStyles
2. Bricktown
3. A.J

If you would like to schedule a game. Please post in this event thread with the following information:
Name of the game, when you would like to start, The duration of the game, and the number of players it can accommodate.
Snikt!

roxy72

I'm going to bring the game I kickstarted about a year ago.  Its based on the web comic Dr. McNinja which I really enjoy.  I played it a couple times last week and its a fun game with awesome art and humour.  There are crazy characters such as Vengeful Dolphin and RoboDracula as well as fun weapons and moves you can use to power up your team or hurt your opponents.  2-6 players, I'm guessing about an hour and a half for 6 players but I'm not really sure.

Players engage in outrageous battles featuring the best characters, weapons, and mustaches from the Dr. McNinja universe. Legendary Showdown combines strategy, timing, and wit to create hilarious battles with surprise endings. You will use cards like Chainsaw Nunchucks, Anti-zombie Suit, Mustache of Authority, and Critical Strike to create a battle plan. If you reveal your strategy too early, someone could pre-empt it; however, if you wait too long you might miss your chance. You can add secret bonuses to your characters to raise the stakes or sabotage your opponents' characters with lousy weapons. You can mess with your opponents' lines to give yourself the best advantage. At the end of the round, the player with the most points wins. Surviving characters are placed in the back of the line and a new battle begins. The player with the last character standing wins!

Tempest

Aw, I love Dr.McNinja, but it's Risk Legacy night (presumably) ...if you bring this game out again, I will play it.
Got a request for a game, check out this link right here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/t_shak I'd be more than glad to bring any of these out to play.

NeikeDjour

I'm going to be bringing Krosmaster Arena out for 8:30-9pm. (4 Players, 120 min.)

Krosmaster: Arena is a player-vs-player, tactical card game with anime-style miniatures that offers the craftiest tacticians among you the chance to challenge other players to heated battles in arenas scattered around Hormonde. All players build their team using a pre-determined method, whether a point system, draft, or at random. Equip your team with spells, weapons and other items adapted to their requirements, then utilize their various talents and abilities to create a powerful fighting force. Every figure has a point value attached to it to help balance things out. Randomly drawn event cards spice up the game at each turn, and the winning conditions differ for each game based on the scenario you choose to play. Only those who are able to create a strong, yet versatile, strategy will prevail!
Let me know if you want to me to bring out a specific game: Game List

Rosencrantz

Since I couldn't make it last night and therefore missed out on Dead of Winter, I am going to bring it out (again) for 6:30.   As before, plays up to 5 and will probably take 2 hours. 

I'm also bringing a friend who wants to try the game out, so please add myself and Jay to the list.   I'm not going to schedule a later game, but if there is interest I can certainly stick around for a second game. 
"Give me a lever long enough and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world." - Archimedes

silent_rob

I'd be up for continuing on with my character from last time so please mark me down for Mice & Mystics.

thomsoda

I will be bringing a classic (or so I have been told): El Grande! It plays up to five, and it will start at 6:30. Because this will be my first play, I expect it will take about 2 hours. Those with experience of the game are welcome, but it is not necessary.

prairieguy

Due to tonights rain my football game has been moved to Tuesday so I will have to move Mice and Mystics to the following week - sorry

BritAdam

There are 3 of us that would be very interested in a game of dead of winter!!  Can we play with you guys?  I also am bringing ultimate werewolf!
- Brit A.

omegadirective

Gonna bring out Power Grid to teach.
2-6 players
120 minutes

Silent Rob requested a spot.