Chewsday Challenge - North Albert Boston Pizza - September 30, 2014 (18:00)

Started by Dana_Tillusz, July 09, 2014, 11:01:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thomsoda

I will bring out Kemet for a six thirty start. Plays up to five, we will play to eight VPs, so it should only take 90 minutes, possibly two hours.

In Kemet, players each deploy the troops of an Egyptian tribe and use the mystical powers of the gods of ancient Egypt – along with their powerful armies – to score points in glorious battles or through invasion of rich territories. A game is typically played to 8 or 10 victory points, which may be accrued through winning attacks, controlling temples, controlling fully-developed pyramids, sacrificing to the gods, and wielding particular magical powers.

The conquest for the land of Kemet takes place over two phases: Day and Night. During the day, choose an action amongst the nine possible choices provided by your player mat and perform it immediately. Once every player has taken five actions, night falls, with players gathering Prayer Points from their temples, drawing Divine Intervention cards, and determining the turn order before the start of the new day.

As the game progresses, they can use Prayer Points to acquire power tiles. Some of these enroll magical creatures and have them join their troops. In addition to intimidating enemies, these creatures provide special powers!

Detailed miniature components represent the combat units and the supernatural creatures that are summoned to enhance them. Combat is resolved through cards chosen from a diminishing six-card hand and enhanced by bonuses.

dcole

I would like to bring out King of Tokyo, if possible for a 6:30 start.  If not I am flexible on the time.  For up to six players and ~ 30 to 60 minutes.

Richard Garfield's King of Tokyo

Theme:
Slap around your enemies and become the King of Tokyo!
Play mutant monsters, gigantic robots and other monstrous creatures, joyfully whack your opponents, rampage the city and become the one and only King of Tokyo!
Combine your dice to gather energy, heal your monster or just slap others. Spend your energy to trigger permanent or one-shot special powers: second head, body armor, nova death ray...
Stop at nothing to become the King of Tokyo... but that's when the real trouble begins for you!
Thanks,

David Cole

Wojo

R Newell

Tempest

Quote from: Wojo on September 25, 2014, 12:18:48 PM
I'm a masochist, so sign me up for Talisman.

Ssshh, I'm trying to entice people to play. For those familiar with the game, I won't be bringing  any of the 'corner' expansions, since the game's already a bit of a table hog. I'll incorporate all of the small ones I have (which is all of them, except the planar one or whatever it's called.) and the *characters* from the corner expansions.

For those unfamiliar with the game: there are quite a bit of rules, but it all boils down to rolling a dice to move one out of two directions, going to a space and doing what it says.  Most of the time it involves drawing a card (or cards) and resolving what they say. It's actually pretty simple, and the turns can go by pretty quickly if everyone figures out what they're doing and don't get distracted easily.

Edit: The only thing that really tends to make the game drag is analysis paralysis and the fact that you're playing against a large deck of random cards in order to level up enough to challenge the final set of tasks to eventually win; sometimes it takes a while to get the cards/die rolls you want/need. It's still a really cool game and has been a favourite of mine since I played the first or second edition back in the early 90's.
Got a request for a game, check out this link right here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/t_shak I'd be more than glad to bring any of these out to play.

PhotoJim

Apologies - Lori signed me up for Five Tribes but I've got a work responsibility on Tuesday night so I won't be able to play.  The game sounds awesome... I'm disappointed.

I hope I haven't mucked up the scheduling - apologies.
Avidly gaming since 1972.

thomsoda

Hey if it's all right I would like to cancel my game of Kemet and take Jim's spot in five tribes at 6:30. I have been really interested in this one!

silent_rob

Totally all right, Jim. Not a big deal at all.

And sounds good, thomsoda. The spot's yours.

DCStyles

My collection of board games:  http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/chowman13     Feel free to request something and I'll bring it out!

anubis

New to this group, but the King of Tokyo game sounds fun, I'd like to sign up for it.