Chewsday Challenge - North Albert Boston Pizza - September 30, 2014 (18:00)

Started by Dana_Tillusz, July 09, 2014, 11:01:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NeikeDjour

I would really like to bring out Myth. It's a miniature story adventure dungeon crawl kind of game. I can just set it up for one night with a random quest or two, but I would really like to get a Story campaign going. A Story campaign has 3 Acts, and each Act takes 1 play session of 2-3 hours. So if people are interested in me bringing it out on 3 different nights and continuing a story, I'd really love to find that group.

I'll bring it out only if I have people signed up for it, as it's huuuge and cumbersome. Playing at 6:30, up to 5 players, and takes 120-180 minutes.

Myth is a fully co-operative fantasy game. Players take on the role of one of 5 different heroes working together to defeat the Darkness. Each hero has a different skill set which represented by a unique deck of cards. Players spend Action Points by using cards. Once a certain amount of Action Points have been spent the Darkness fights back by activating monster lairs, spawning monster captains and eventually the Boss.

Players' avatars within a Story are called Heroes. Myth Heroes are clothed in immense power, able to reave all but the mightiest foes. However, this power must be balanced lest the Darkness take too much notice. Players must weigh their actions against the Threat each will bring, with the consequences of awakening more evil and bringing doom on the party's endeavors. And be careful they must, as the Darkness is formidable and eager to snatch glory from the valiant.

Heroes are controlled through an intuitive Hero Deck. Each deck plays uniquely and allows players more freedom of action and the ability to truly impact the Story each and every Act. Yet, cooperation is the key to victory and bloody fortune. Players must communicate, interact, and assist each other or surely the Darkness will cover all.

Myth is a fully cooperative game. There is no player controlling the Darkness. The Darkness is governed by a set of rules unique to each Boss Deck and is activated through Hero actions. If the Heroes get overzealous, then the Darkness pushes back by activating Lairs, spawning Captains, and punishing the Heroes with devious Events. If the Heroes take a more subtle approach, then the Darkness reacts by reducing the potential for treasure and rewards. Without the treasures and equipment to upgrade, the Heroes will find each Act more difficult and eventually fail. The dynamic nature of the Darkness really lends a more fluid feel to the Story. Players aren't being driven by properties out of their control, nor are they being shepherded by a person whose skill has a direct impact on the enjoyment of the game.

Myth is a fun fantasy romp where players feel truly heroic. In the playing of the game, the players are creating their own mythos. These stories are the ones carried away from the table, becoming myths themselves. And these are the myths, with friends and family, that we carry with us; telling and retelling our endeavors at the mead benches, earning treasured smiles and laughter.

Let me know if you want to me to bring out a specific game: Game List

silent_rob

Great to see folks are interested in Five Tribes. Since the 630 game is now full, I'll play/teach another game of it at 830 for anyone else who wants to give it a try.

prairieguy

Damn Nicolle - I really want to play but I already signed up for 5 Tribes - any chance of a later start? I would love to do the campaign - if not maybe I can get in next time

NeikeDjour

Quote from: prairieguy on September 25, 2014, 10:37:16 AM
Damn Nicolle - I really want to play but I already signed up for 5 Tribes - any chance of a later start? I would love to do the campaign - if not maybe I can get in next time
I could do 8:30, but that could take us till 11:30-midnight to finish.

prairieguy

bummer - I hate to back out on the other one. Do you think it will fill if I drop out Rob? I want to play it too but maybe I could get into round 2 instead, depending how long Myth takes

Lori

Quote from: prairieguy on September 25, 2014, 11:10:46 AM
bummer - I hate to back out on the other one. Do you think it will fill if I drop out Rob? I want to play it too but maybe I could get into round 2 instead, depending how long Myth takes

Murray, I'm sure Jim would take your spot in Five Tribes.  (photojim).

NeikeDjour

Our game at PGX lasted 3 hours exactly, with setup and teaching. I could do one random quest game this Tuesday, and start a campaign on the following Tuesday.

prairieguy

silent_rob

Quote from: prairieguy on September 25, 2014, 11:10:46 AM

That's totally all right, Murray. I'm sure I'll bring Five Tribes again another night & you can try it, then. If Myth lasts 3 hours then you probably won't be done in time for the 2nd play through on Tuesday (though if there's room and you're done in time then you're more than welcome to join).

And yeah, Lori, if Jim's interested then he can definitely take Murray's spot in Five Tribes at 630.