Chewsday Challenge - North Albert Boston Pizza - July 29, 2014 (18:00)

Started by ChadBoudreau, June 25, 2014, 09:28:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robere

omegadirective

craftybernardo

Will be there , confirming for risk legacy , hoping we can crush a few games

Tempest

Confirmed, I work 'til 7, so I should be there before 7:30.
Got a request for a game, check out this link right here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/t_shak I'd be more than glad to bring any of these out to play.

prairieguy

I would like to run Citadels at 6:30 - I have only read the rules and watched the video but it looks pretty easy to pick up. If anyone who has experience would like to join that would be great as I am teaching this game later in the week and any help would be awesome!

prairieguy

In Citadels, players take on new roles each round to represent characters they hire in order to help them acquire gold and erect buildings. The game ends at the close of a round in which a player erects her eighth building. Players then tally their points, and the player with the highest score wins.

Players start with a number of building cards in their hand; buildings come in five colors, with the purple buildings typically having a special ability and the other colored buildings providing a benefit when you play particular characters. At the start of each round, the player who was king the previous round discards one of the eight character cards at random, chooses one, then passes the cards to the next player, etc. until each player has secretly chosen a character. Each character has a special ability, and the usefulness of any character depends upon your situation, and that of your opponents. The characters then carry out their actions in numerical order: the assassin eliminating another character for the round, the thief stealing all gold from another character, the wizard swapping building cards with another player, the warlord optionally destroys a building in play, and so on.

On a turn, a player earns two or more gold (or draws two building cards then discards one), then optionally constructs one building (or up to three if playing the architect this round). Buildings cost gold equal to the number of symbols on them, and each building is worth a certain number of points. In addition to points from buildings, at the end of the game a player scores bonus points for having eight buildings or buildings of all five colors.

Rosencrantz

I would love to try out that new Ticket to Ride edition and will throw my name into the Resistance hat as well. 
"Give me a lever long enough and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world." - Archimedes

Bix Conners

I have played Citadels a number of times Murray. I would be happy to play (and teach if necessary).
NEW ChewsDay Challenge Website - Community.PwYF.ca
We encourage you to sign up on the new site and get settled in.

Rosencrantz

Please also add Corinne to Ticket to Ride and Resistance.   Thank you.
"Give me a lever long enough and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world." - Archimedes

SteamPunch

We are new to the Challenge, but hoping to get some instruction on Dominant Species playing through it with experienced players. We have the game, and are of course willing to bring and set up.

Game length is roughly 3 hours, and for 2-6 players (recommended for 4). Hoping to start at 7 pm.
http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/62219/dominant-species

There are 2 of us committed already!

Thanks!