Ticket to Ride Tournament - Prairie Game eXpo - Saturday, June 28, 2014 (13:00)

Started by Dana_Tillusz, April 28, 2014, 02:16:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dana_Tillusz

Ticket to Ride Tounament

Where: Prairie Game eXpo
When: Saturday June 28, 2014
Start: 1:00 pm sharp

There are two round stages in the tournament. They consist of:
- 2 Preliminary games using USA base version (if we have more than 16 people we will have 3 rounds)
- 1 Championship games (top 4 players)

Each player will play 2 games (or 3 if 16 people) of the Ticket to Ride base game in the preliminary round. The preferred player to game configuration is 4-player per table.

At the end of each preliminary game, the position each player finishes (1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc...) and the points they scored are recorded, along with the number of the table at which they played. The player responsible for managing the score markers should make sure to write down each players' score and position at game's end.
After all Preliminary games are completed and scored, the Tournament Manager determines which players move to the next round, based on the scoring criteria below. The four top players will then move on to a final round determining the final winner.

Tournament Format

All players complete the preliminary rounds of Ticket to Ride. After preliminaries players will be ranked. Ranking is determined by:

1. The sum of a player's final position in the preliminary games. Players with the lowest Sum Score number ranked highest. # of wins
2. Defeated most opponents
3. Highest cumulative score
4. Highest % of score at tables played

Championship Round
The top 4 players from the Qualifying Round move to the Championship Round. This will be a single game with the winner of that game named as Champion of the event.

Prizes  :excited

1st place is awarded a Ticket to Ride Championship Medal and a complete set of translucent trains (all five colours).

2nd to 4th place will be awarded a single set of translucent trains. 2nd place choices first, and so on.
Snikt!

omegadirective

Sign me up! I've added a few special abilities to my trains such as the ability to spill oil behind me and have saws come out of my wheels to cut of other trains wheels.

Greg DeLong

Dana_Tillusz

Snikt!

Greg DeLong

Great thank you.  My wife and Mother in law would like to play in the tournament as well, can you sign them up too?  My wife Jacquie DeLong just signed up for an account but can't post yet and we would rather not have to bother walking her mom through creating an account and waiting for moderator approval.  The MIL's name is Olwen Bird.

Greg

Dana_Tillusz

Quote from: Greg DeLong on June 25, 2014, 10:02:57 AM
Great thank you.  My wife and Mother in law would like to play in the tournament as well, can you sign them up too?  My wife Jacquie DeLong just signed up for an account but can't post yet and we would rather not have to bother walking her mom through creating an account and waiting for moderator approval.  The MIL's name is Olwen Bird.

Greg

Ok, everyone is signed up!
Snikt!

Dana_Tillusz

Thanks for playing! We had 5 tables running with 20 participants.

The final table was Dajarra, Ryan, Justin, and Jane. The winner of the tournament was Justin T! Congratulations!
Snikt!