Chewsday Challenge - North Albert Boston Pizza - May 20, 2014 (18:00)

Started by Dana_Tillusz, April 18, 2014, 05:18:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin Dearborn

In a galaxy far, far away... they need sewer systems, too. Corporation Incorporated builds them. Everyone knows their drivers -- the brave men and women who fear no danger and would, if the pay was good enough, even fly through Hell.

Now you can join them. You will gain access to prefabricated spaceship components cleverly made from sewer pipes. Can you build a space ship durable enough to weather storms of meteors? Armed enough to defend against pirates? Big enough to carry a large crew and valuable cargo? Fast enough to get there first?

Amanda and I are bringing this out.

Plays 5 in about 90 minutes

Bellis

I plan on bringing out Bridgetown Races (an intense little game of planning several moves in advance), as well as a card game or two.

omegadirective

Can you put me in for Euphoria as well? I think that my daughter's soccer will be cancelled due to the weather. If I am not there at 630, then start without me.

ChadBoudreau

QuoteI plan on bringing out Bridgetown Races (an intense little game of planning several moves in advance)...

What time did you want to start Bridgetown Races, Bellis? The other scheduled games are filling up fast so it will be good to have Bridgetown Races on the roster as another option.

Bellis

Quote from: ChadBoudreau on May 19, 2014, 08:33:21 PM
QuoteI plan on bringing out Bridgetown Races (an intense little game of planning several moves in advance)...

What time did you want to start Bridgetown Races, Bellis? The other scheduled games are filling up fast so it will be good to have Bridgetown Races on the roster as another option.

Sure Chad, how about a 7:30 pm start. It plays in about an hour and is for two to four.  It looks deceptively light, but demands close attention and planning.

If there was enough interest, I'd be perfectly happy to just teach and moderate the game.

ChadBoudreau

Each year, the International Bridge Racing Association selects a city with lots of bridges to host its annual Bridgetown Race. This year they have chosen Portland, Oregon USA.

Players - using bicycles, motorcycles, taxis, buses, automobiles, the street car and sometimes their own two feet - try to be the first to cross each bridge and capture its flag. Be the first to capture a flag from every bridge, and you win the race!

Each round, players arrange for transportation by placing coordinators on the transportation mode or special action of their choice. Next, the players choose a transportation mode and move their racer through the streets, trying to be the first to cross a bridge and pick up its flag. The flag is placed on the player's Bridge Completion card and the first person to collect all eight flags wins the race.

Lareina

Poop, should have posted earlier to remind Barry about myself and Chris bringing Bioshock Infinite tonight  :excited

Hmm we could play it after Bridgetown Races. Sign myself and Chris up for that please :) Then we'll do Bioshock afterwards, hopefully (I don't know if Chris has to work at 3am again or not tonight).

roxy72

Game Night Recap

Image by: Mikko Saari (msaari) on BoardGameGeek

ATTENDANCE: 40

GAMES PLAYED: Ticket to Ride Europe, Euphoria, Archipelago, Smallworld, Galaxy Trucker, Tzolk'in, Survive: Escape from Atlantis, Timeline, Get Bit, Bridgetown Races, Jungle Speed, Winter Carcassonne, Forbidden Desert, DC Comics Deck-Building Game, Riff Raff, Auf Teufel komm raus, Bioshock Infinite and more!

ANNOUNCEMENTS:
No announcements this week

Be sure to check out the revised venue info page and FAQ HERE

Also, if you have any thoughts or feedback about these events, send an email to ChewsDayChallenge@SaskGames.com